New member from Arizona!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mudgod1959

Reaction score
New to the group, thanks for the add! Just picked up a 94 that had been sitting for almost 20 years! 18,000 miles, going through the bike top to bottom, it's stuck in 2nd gear, so I'm sure I'll be splitting cases! I may have a few questions, but just finished a 2010 vfr1200f, that was a complete bottom engine rebuild, so not a stranger to the work! I'm also retired and do this for fun!!!

Attachments

• 20230507_203902.jpg
    20230507_203902.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 0
If it's "stuck" in second gear then it's not likely going to need the case split. It's likely just going to need to get the shift segment repaired which can be done by going in behind the clutch basket. If they had thought about it 20 years ago, less then $100 and a couple of hours and it would have not likely been sitting all this time.

The shift segment repair is very easy. Do a search here. Remember to be very careful when reassembling the clutch and remember the alignment.

If it's "stuck" in second gear then it's not likely going to need the case split. It's likely just going to need to get the shift segment repaired which can be done by going in behind the clutch basket. If they had thought about it 20 years ago, less then $100 and a couple of hours and it would have not likely been sitting all this time.

Thanks for the info, repaired and back together!

Latest posts

Back