New Member From Malaysia

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vmax_low

Reaction score
Greetings from Penang, Malaysia. My name is Jeffrey. The is an awesome forum. So much of info sharing that I need quite a while to go through. :)

Manage to get hold of a Gen-2 VMAX, finally. Not many Gen-2s over here. I have been told there only about 14 units in the entire country. 12 were imported new from the USA back then. Two more were imported used from Japan.

Bike is a 2011 matte black Gen-2 for the Japanese market(JDM). Model code RP22J. 2300 miles since new. It has only about 149 HP due to the Japanese regulation. Top speed is limited to 180km/h(111 mph).

Things done:
1) 2-inch lowering link
2) Re-upholstered seat with thinner sponge
3) Framer sliders

Things to be done:
1) Shorten kick stand
2) All fluids change
3) Catalytic converter removal (Decat pipes are on the way from Poland)
4) Searching for the iconic round key with sheath (Bike came only with red key!)
5) ECU reflash by Gurued Gear (Japanese ECU, possible??)

Cheers,
Jeff

IMG-20220928-WA0008.jpg20220805_171519.jpg

Greetings from Penang, Malaysia. My name is Jeffrey. The is an awesome forum. So much of info sharing that I need quite a while to go through. :)

Manage to get hold of a Gen-2 VMAX, finally. Not many Gen-2s over here. I have been told there only about 14 units in the entire country. 12 were imported new from the USA back then. Two more were imported used from Japan.

Bike is a 2011 matte black Gen-2 for the Japanese market(JDM). Model code RP22J. 2300 miles since new. It has only about 149 HP due to the Japanese regulation. Top speed is limited to 180km/h(111 mph).

Things done:
1) 2-inch lowering link
2) Re-upholstered seat with thinner sponge
3) Framer sliders

Things to be done:
1) Shorten kick stand
2) All fluids change
3) Catalytic converter removal (Decat pipes are on the way from Poland)
4) Searching for the iconic round key with sheath (Bike came only with red key!)
5) ECU reflash by Gurued Gear (Japanese ECU, possible??)

Cheers,
Jeff

View attachment 86087View attachment 86088

Hi Jeff,

Welcome. I live in Petaling Jaya, Malaysia. I have a red Gen 2. Would be great to hook-up with another Max rider in MY. My no. is +60192325050, drop me a whatsapp.

Thank you and have a nice weekend.

Latest posts

Back