New member from Michigan

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flyerdon

Reaction score
I recently bought a 2005 Red Anniversary model from a guy who had purchased it thinking it was a touring bike and planned on going long distance with his honey on the back. That didn't last long. I've wanted a Max since they first came out in "85" but had higher priorities back then. Since 1985 I've had another twenty-five or so bikes and when I saw this 2005 for sale it looked practically untouched with only 8767 miles on it. Since then (about two weeks) I've straightened out the fueling, put new tires on it, changed the oil and filter and ditched the forward pegs. It's not the fastest bike I've ever owned but it does have long legs. I think the fastest and quickest bike I've owned was either my 2008 FZ1 or my 1984 GPZ900R. One thing about the Max is when you're on one you know it's substantial. Any way, glad to be a member.DSC03720.JPG

Welcome to the forum. Nice looking ride, congratulations! Any other bike you still have?

Welcome to the forum. Nice looking ride, congratulations! Any other bike you still have?
The only other bike I have right now is a Slingshot S model so my dog Xerxes can come with me. Before the Slingshot I have a Z900RS, a Moto Guzzi V7 Stone, and a Yamaha XSR700, etc,etc,etc. 42 in all. At 72 I've been down sizing the stable. The Max could be the last one till I see something that takes my eye.

Welcome, please consider putting your general location in Michigan in your signature line. That can help you to locate members for rides or assistance in working through things though at 72 and 4 dozen bikes you have plenty of experience of your own! Perhaps you could be a resource to them.I am in Michigan presently and went to the Wednesday night Gilmore auto museum cruise in which had a couple 100 great vintage automobiles of various types with a heavy concentration on performance vehicles. There was a guy there with an XS750 triple that he had owned since new and it was in beautiful shape. He said I was the only person in years who knew exactly what it was. The mid-1930's Chevy pick up next to the bike is an unusual choice for forced induction as the inline 6 has a turbo. I'm not sure if the inline 6 is original to the truck but it is a very clean installation.

Attachments

• 20220907_184753.jpg
    20220907_184753.jpg
    5.6 MB · Views: 0
  • 20220907_184738.jpg
    20220907_184738.jpg
    6 MB · Views: 0
  • 20220907_185737.jpg
    20220907_185737.jpg
    4.5 MB · Views: 0
I've never been to the Museum but I've heard that it is fantastic. A friend of mine in the Detroit area has been there a couple times. Gaylord is a good three hours away so maybe next summer when the weather looks good.

They're open each Wednesday evening through September 5 pm to dark, for the cruise-in. Check online to confirm. Gilmore Auto Museum. I saw one of my adolescent era friends there whose family donated a building there. He had a vintage Pontiac he showed up in.20220907_190308.jpg20220907_175720.jpg

Last edited:
If he wants them he can have 'em. I'll sit at back-up position.

FYI, they aren't 'forward controls.' They're case guards with footpegs.

Latest posts

Back