New Member FROM NORTH CAROLINA

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mkaz12-7

Reaction score
Hello, my name is mike and I just purchased my first v-max! She needs some TLC but is awesome and I'm looking forward to chatting with you all.

Best sites to find aftermarket parts and accessories? Please sound off!

up close there is quite a bit of surface fading and oxidation/minor rust happening on some of the metal. going to do my best to clean it up.

Thanks
Mikevmax.jpg

Best sites to find aftermarket parts and accessories
On here you will find Sean Morley and Capt. Kyle for stock, aftermarket and custom parts as well as other members who hoarde and collect parts and pieces. Star Rider Peformance, Voodoo & Exactrep come to mind offering aftermarket parts. I know I am forgetting a few. Spend time on here searching and you will find almost anything you need. Good luck with your max and have fun making it your own!

Loving the black scoops, sidecovers and tail rack. I think you have the same mirrors as mine. Someone spent some time and money on your bike. Please post more pictures.

ah...pictures are actually deceiving! The previous owner actually attempted his own DIY carbon fiber paint scheme on those pieces and they do not look the best unfortunately. Last night I actually stripped the bike down and sent all the body work to my painter for a matte black look. the bike may have been stored outside some because there is a lot of surface rust happening on bolts and other pieces of the bike. Its going to take me some time to get this bike looking like a gem again. It has 26k on it. Runs beautifully but I suppose the up keep of cleaning it properly and protecting it may have been too much. I am actually a little sour about the entire thing. This has been my ultimate dream bike and I long dreamed about how happy id be to own one. Now I am stressing about how much work it needs. The exhaust headers are in rough shape too (see my post in exhaust section.) The owner and I arranged to meet in a central location about 2hr drive for each of us. After seeing the photos of the bike, it looked so clean. Was not the case though once I got up close. At that point I already took a day off, so did my wife, I spent gas money to drive there, put miles on our car, and bragged to some family about getting it before hand hah. I suppose I just couldn't leave empty handed. I'll get it sorted out one way or another. Been riding for 15 years. This is my 12th bike. Not my first rodeo. But I should have known better and should of asked for more detailed photos. I just got caught up in "its my dream bike" and had blinders on.

Back