New member hello everyone

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

USMCRED

Reaction score
Hello everyone I'm new to your discussion. My father who was killed while serving overseas in the Marine Corps last month was building a 1996 Vmax 1200. I'm using his account. I'm taking the build over and need some advice from the pro's. My question is on the stator replacement about the washer type shim that has two sides that are flared up. Does it go on the outside under the emblem cover facing in?

Thank you firemedic and my family thanks you too. #9 on the bottom figure
might be it... Yes it is I checked called
Plate # 59j-1591-00-00
It seems to flop around after securing #8 cover. But seems to fall perfect under #10 cover on figure 1. Sorry for the confusion.

Thank you marsmax85 for your words. I thank everyone on this site for looking out for me. I can't believe how cool everyone is on here. I'm going to build this bike in his honor even though he was going to surprise me with it.. it's crazy

#9 is installed with the lips facing inward. Usually after the cover has been installed right before you put on the center insert.

Thank you for helping me. One2dmax I'm trying to get this right.you guys really rock. Ty

Thank you very much Dkid. I'm taken back at the support on here for a new member, it's simply amazing. I'm going to put this bike together it's all apart, carbs are out and was supposed to be worked on but have no idea who he hired to do the job.

Condolences to you and your family. Hope you get the Max all fixed up and maybe get out to a Vmax rally sometime.

Back