New member New ride

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stuboost

Reaction score
001.jpg

002.jpg

003.jpg

004.jpg

005.jpgI got Brians leftovers picked it up tuesday. Details:

• Progressive springs
    Sasy boost box
    Hwy Pegs mounted on case guards that look too small
    Progressive shocks
    Really nice thick oval tube chrome frame braces
    New pads all around
    New me 880's still have nubs
    New Battery
    Corbin seat
    Yamaha oem pass backrest nice piece
    rear shelf
    River Road Tail bag hard mounted to shelf
    LED tails, tag, blinkers and brake lights
    upgraded head light
    KN filter
    barnett clutch
    About long warm up, bike had a 1/2 tank of gas that the owner said he wasnt sure how old it was. I went to autozone added seafoam filled her up and took her on I5 for an italian tune up.
    Idles smooth, revs clean, spools up nice now, drive away 2 min warm up no choke,if I use a little choke I can pull away smoothly right away.
    11,500 miles $4000.
    Just wanted to say hey and post some pictures of my ride also posted on new members thread. I picked her up after reading brians2003 max thread -Comfotable on long rides? see vboost room.

What a score!! All the mods alone probably cost what you paid, and it is so cosmeticly clean.

Thanks. Have been lurking here and looking about a month. For a 12 yr old bike its about as clean as you can get and im pretty picky.

Looks like you got a nice deal and a real nice ride, I like it, and welcome.

Matt

P.S. did you get a helmet with that, just kidding.

Looks like you got a nice deal and a real nice ride, I like it, and welcome.

Matt

P.S. did you get a helmet with that, just kidding.

A great bargain, I would say, enjoy the ride.

Wearing a helmet for motorcycle riders in Washington isn't a choice, it's the law. But not just any helmet, one that has been certified by the manufacturer as meeting the United States Department of Transportation (DOT) standards outlined in 49 CFR 571.218. A helmet meeting these standards set by DOT has a sticker on the back, and inside labeling indicating the manufacturer name, helmet model, size and other manufacturing information. In addition, a certified helmet has an inner lining usually about 1 inch thick of foam, and doesn't flex as easy as the novelty helmets made of plastic.
Legal helmets are designed to save lives while others are sold as novelty items only and never intended to be used on the road. In a collision, these "novelty" helmets provide almost no protection for the rider. Unfortunately, some people are confused about what helmets are legal and safe to wear.
The Bogus Helmets Brochure will give you some insight into buying a motorcycle helmet that is legal to use and will afford you the greatest protection. If you would like some additional information, please see the related links and resources provided below.

Back