New member, New Vmax

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

arasmy

Reaction score
Hi all,

I am a new member with less than a week VMAX, it is 2005 model with 30,000 Km's on it mint condition :) I love the ride :) I am a previous owner of Honda Steed 400, Handa Magna (loved that one) and Kawasaki ZX9r (a beast) and now the VMAX :)

Just wanted to say hi to everyone, really wonderful forum with tons of good info...aah I am from Egypt :)

Attachments

• IMG_5184.jpg
    IMG_5184.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 28
Welcome, and stay safe. We see articles on political unrest there, and it's interesting to hear from a local about issues there. If you choose to, please post those in "Burn-Out Pit" as a suggestion. That's where the politically-motivated and sharing it people post.

I think a lot of Americans are curious about what is happening elsewhere. I'm one who is, too.

Your ZX-9 was probably faster than your VMax is, quicker too, but the entire riding experience is different. The VMax is easy to get performance from, and it can surprise an unsuspecting rider quickly. Too-much throttle after turning will light up the tire, causing a lack of traction, and if it's a dusty road, wet, or oily, you could be in for a lowside. Since you have some experience, learn its issues, and treat it accordingly. My suggestion once you have addressed any worn parts or systems needing maintenance, is to invest in a replacement rear wheel of 17 or 18" and go radials front & rear. In my opinion, it goes a long way to curing concerns riders have about poor handling in this bike, assuming your steering head bearings aren't worn-out, your fork seals are in good shape, and the rear shocks still work. Some HH rated brake pads and stainless steel front brake lines will give you confidence in the brakes, after you entirely-flush the front and rear brakes. Do the same with the clutch for flushing, and there, many people have more luck with a 'reverse-flush,' pushing the fluid UP from the slave cylinger bleeder nipple. Go to the Technical section, read all the 'stickies' about the subjects you are planning on tackling, and then do an 'advanced search' on a particular topic before you begin to tear into your bike. The online manual is something you can print-out and have on-hand, as it's easier to refer to a printed page than to have to run to the computer to see what you are working-on.

And, post your work and questions, we all learn, and you can find parts sources here as-well.

Thanks Fire-Medic for the reply, yes we have a lot of political instability in here, will post details later today in the right forum.

as for my bike, I already have new 17 inch rear wheels, still have to invest in a better front one although the current one is new too, so I will wait a bit till it wears, the bike is very much different to ride than the ZX9 but very much fun to ride, I needed sometime to get used to the cornering and maneuvering with the bike given its weight and different styling, wheel base and agility than the ZX but getting better with it :) I also received the original manual with it and already gone through it, first think I do when I get any new thing is to read the manual, I enjoy that :) as for the mods you suggested, will do in future time as I ran out of money in investing in the new bike :) but my first concern is the brakes, especially the front one, it really need to be better than that!! dont know if it is a problem with my bike or it is a general issue, from my readings and research, I think it is a general issue with the vmax especially that I have new OEM pads!!

Thanks again for your help and wish to see you soon in Egypt after we finish our political issues and come stable again as it is really going from bad into worse :(

Welcome to the forum !! Be on the look out for the mod monkey he will bite a hole right thru your wallet ..

Thanks :) My wallet is empty right now after initial investment in the bike :)

Still have trouble getting it on center stand...too heavy and first time to own one with a center stand!!

Welcome to the forum arasmy, You have a great looking bike as others have already said. You will find everything needed here at the forum, we have a great number of vendors that support the site and ship abroad. If you have any questions about any problems you may have, just ask your question and it will be answered. This forum has the best diagnostic team for the Vmax I have ever seen......

Centerstand-- right foot on stand. Right hand under side of grab rail that is by the passenger seat. Left hand on bars. Preload the stand so the bike is centered and in the driving position. Push down hard with right foot. Pull straight up with right hand.
It'll get easier the more you trust it to come up.
Lots of good people here ready to help.

Centerstand-- right foot on stand. Right hand under side of grab rail that is by the passenger seat. Left hand on bars. Preload the stand so the bike is centered and in the driving position. Push down hard with right foot. Pull straight up with right hand.
It'll get easier the more you trust it to come up.
Lots of good people here ready to help.
Like this?http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=htok5eqRUnk

Latest posts

Back