VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sisonronaldramos

Reaction score
Hi guys Happy New Year thanks admin for accepting me , my name is Ronald Sison
i have a 94 vmax 1200 , i had the bike for atleast 5 years , i just wanna ask something , hope you guys can help me recently i have seen traces of oil in my cooling system , every time i check my water and open up the cap there are traces of oil , we already replaced the oil seal but still the same , but the main problem is when the temp gauge reaches the black dot on the side or a little higher on the dot, it suddenly stalls , I've also drained the radiator sometimes and small traces of sludge is coming out , what is wrong with my bike thank you and i will appreciate all you answers and suggestions.

Which gasket did you replace? The most likely culprit for oil into the cooling system is the waterpump. Though there are other seal and oring locations that can cross contaminiate. The head gaskets can but are the least likely to do it.
Your temp getting up and then bike dying is likely tied to the fan turning on (which is about the small black dot). That would signal a possible weak charging system (usually the voltage regulator). You could test that theory out by unplugging the fan (pull the fuse) and do a test to see if it doesn't die when it gets to the same spot. BUT, don't run it for too much longer so you don't get the bike too hot. Also, you can watch the voltage to see what it does when the fan kicks on.

There are a few things you can do to help with it. One is get the 96 or newer voltage regulator and another is to solder the factory crimp connection from the regulator wire where it enters the harness (in the area of the harness that routes along the back of the battery)

Hi guys Happy New Year thanks admin for accepting me , my name is Ronald Sison
i have a 94 vmax 1200 , i had the bike for atleast 5 years , i just wanna ask something , hope you guys can help me recently i have seen traces of oil in my cooling system , every time i check my water and open up the cap there are traces of oil , we already replaced the oil seal but still the same , but the main problem is when the temp gauge reaches the black dot on the side or a little higher on the dot, it suddenly stalls , I've also drained the radiator sometimes and small traces of sludge is coming out , what is wrong with my bike thank you and i will appreciate all you answers and suggestions.
Thank for the advice i will try to check it out and do some updates..

Back