New Owner from Alabama

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Semi239

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey everybody!

Just picked up a 2006 V-Max. I'm super excited to be a part of the forum. Yall have already helped me so much. I found a very helpful thread on flushing the coolant and replacing with fresh fluid—same thing with the oil.

Up next is a set of progressive fork springs and new brake pads.

Hey everybody!

Just picked up a 2006 V-Max. I'm super excited to be a part of the forum. Yall have already helped me so much. I found a very helpful thread on flushing the coolant and replacing with fresh fluid—same thing with the oil.

Congrats . I went with progressive 1inch lower front springs. Made a big difference .

Hey everybody!

Same year, started with progressive but went with Racetech with emulators. Much better IMHO. Ohlins in back - oh yeah. Stay with Galfer brake pads...

Hm I haven't considered going 1in lower. What kind of difference did it make?
I lowered the rear also with progressive adjustable and I forgot my bike is 2 inches lower now. I am 6ft tall btw . I just preferred the stance of it lowered and the progressive is light years better than stock if you ride hard, but you have to mod or buy a kickstand if lowered extra $100 . Better clearance at stock height though. I wanted better like Eric stated but decided not to spend extra. You will see the difference in cost and will have to decide for yourself. you could even drop in a set of R1 front forks, but I bought a R1 for that type of riding instead.

Last edited:
e progressive is light years better than stock if you ride hard, but you have to mod or buy a kickstand if lowered extra $100

Wonderful advice. I don't think it need to be lowered rn. ill get used to the ride as it is, got a few other things to address right now before mods like that can come.

Wonderful advice. I don't think it need to be lowered rn. ill get used to the ride as it is, got a few other things to address right now before mods like that can come.
The front springs will get rid of the dive issues and provide better stopping/breaking . I always say suspension first and decide if you ride 2 up or 1 up mostly . Enjoy the ride

Back