new owner from wiltshire uk

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scott-lee

Reaction score
Hi, everone.
picked up my first vmax just before xmass, i have always wanted one since they first came out,but cost and availability were always an issue. now im in my late 50's, i thought it was a case of now or never. always loved the styling of these bikes, but was a little bit wary of the reputation for being bat sh*t crazy fast!
i'm by no means a speed addict, always having older Jap bikes since the mid 80's, and doing a lot of restoration projects , but i couldn't resist the chance to at least tick this one off the bucket list.
i have only done 1.1 miles on her so far, due to having a freak accident just after the xmass period.
i slipped on some dog poo and broke my leg! looks like i'm going to be out of action for at least a month or so, but using the time for research and picking up tips and hints. can't wait to get out there and find out what she will do!20221223_121900.jpg20221223_121918.jpg

Wise words,and very true. i've always believed you shouldn't ride a bike you can't put on the center stand, and until i'm fully healed and can do that,she stays where she is.
the last 3 weeks ,i've been keeping sane by reading all of the handy ''how to'' guides, which are great, and deciding what to do. i have boxes turning up and sitting in the garage, for when i'm fit enough to start working on the bike.
i also found seans site to be very helpful, and the bike was bought from a dealer,who had it imported from Japan, so i was assuming that it was a restricted 95 BHP model, but using the frame and engine numbers on seans site, i found out it's a full power USA model (non v-boost)
bit of a bonus.

...using the frame and engine numbers on seans site, i found out it's a full power USA model (non v-boost)
That sounds like an oxymoron...full power and non V Boost?

You have already found the biggest problem with the V Max - all of the 'Safety related' modifications that are required that are starting to fill your garage. ;)
You are on the slippery slope!

IMO you don't need it to go faster but some handling improvements don't go amiss. Some suggestions below.

If you haven't already found it have a look at V Max chat, not very active any more but it does have some good information

Attachments

• Improving handling.pdf
    85.1 KB · Views: 1
Yeah, 'full-power USA' is VBoost.

I hope you heal soon, and have fun w/the mods. I suggest getting things squared-away and fully operational for a USA-spec bike is a good start. Ask any questions you have.

HH brake pads and SS lines is a good mod, as is Race-Tech springs and cartridge emulators. Going $$$, 17" or 18" wheels and radial tires, takes care of many issues some complain about the handling beyond springs and wave washer stacks.

Hi, everone.
picked up my first vmax just before xmass, i have always wanted one since they first came out,but cost and availability were always an issue. now im in my late 50's, i thought it was a case of now or never. always loved the styling of these bikes, but was a little bit wary of the reputation for being bat sh*t crazy fast!
i'm by no means a speed addict, always having older Jap bikes since the mid 80's, and doing a lot of restoration projects , but i couldn't resist the chance to at least tick this one off the bucket list.
i have only done 1.1 miles on her so far, due to having a freak accident just after the xmass period.
i slipped on some dog poo and broke my leg! looks like i'm going to be out of action for at least a month or so, but using the time for research and picking up tips and hints. can't wait to get out there and find out what she will do!View attachment 87334View attachment 87335

Nice to see another red one in the UK. Mine came from Japan with only 10k miles on it. Light resto required nothing major. Got rid of the gold on the engine, I know it's not original but I prefer the black and silver.Vmax.JPG

Last edited:
Besides the Harley-Davidson tie-in, an orange and black color scheme is for me one of the most attractive for a motorcycle. VMarkMax has a good-looking bike! It tends to the red side of the palette, but the paint is great.

Thanks for the advice,guy's.
i've done my subscription, well worth the money for the help and advice. only managed to do a few cosmetic things at the moment, but i'm on the mend, and more mobile now. i have a full set of hose's (in red) ready to be fitted, got the vacuum pump as was suggested on here, i believe the progresive springs i got are hyper-pro,again, yet to be fitted. have the full service kit and a coolant flush to get on with, hopefully in a couple of weeks.20230206_124601.jpg20230219_125103.jpg

Latest posts

Back