New Paintjob?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johnpclynch

Reaction score
I'm thinking of changing my colour scheme and wanted to know what ye think

Currently blue flames on blue
attachment.php

Thinking of going metalic black with silver highlights
attachment.php

Any suggestions?

Attachments

• BlueMax.jpg
    BlueMax.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 287
  • BlackMax.jpg
    BlackMax.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 373
I usually love black but this time i will prefer the blue.
Something wrong with the black maybe just the texture you used.

I usually love black but this time i will prefer the blue.
Something wrong with the black maybe just the texture you used.

Yeah, it has that suede look. I was going for matte black but I think metalic will come out better (than that photoshopped picture anyway)

How about this improved version?
attachment.php

Attachments

• BlackMax.jpg
    BlackMax.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 275
Black is easy, a nice blue isn't. Id say keep it

Blue but do the s oops have to be blue too!? Polished or chrome would set it off nicely. No rear fender says "streetfighter" to me and they always seem a touch more "ratty" in appearance. Not ratty in a bad way, just more unrefined, industrial, more workmanlike. Individual expression Man!

Blue but do the s oops have to be blue too!? Polished or chrome would set it off nicely. No rear fender says "streetfighter" to me and they always seem a touch more "ratty" in appearance. Not ratty in a bad way, just more unrefined, industrial, more workmanlike. Individual expression Man!

Not a bad idea, and I was thinking of a new tail end last year. I might put my money into that and touch up the current paint with a few highlights.

Ok, I messed around again a bit. Chrome scoop is a bit shiny, I might just go for a silver one. But I MUST find a tail, it'll look much better with one
attachment.php

Attachments

• NewMaxB.jpg
    NewMaxB.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 279
These bikes NEED color LOL. You cant tell 1 from another. I truly think that "color" is the best way to personalize these bikes. I use to think all harleys looked the same till I got a Max.....boy was I wrong LOL. I would hate to come from a large bike meet looking for my max with a dozen others LOL. I put color on mine last week and have gotton so many compliments.:eusa_dance:
I love the BLUE on your bike.Looks very sharp!!:biglaugh:

Not a bad idea, and I was thinking of a new tail end last year. I might put my money into that and touch up the current paint with a few highlights.

Ok, I messed around again a bit. Chrome scoop is a bit shiny, I might just go for a silver one. But I MUST find a tail, it'll look much better with one
attachment.php

We all need a little tail ! :rofl_200:

Attachments

• All Pictures to 12-4-09 315.jpg
    All Pictures to 12-4-09 315.jpg
    135.6 KB · Views: 20
Seems as if blue is the color of choice here...how about a different shade or texture ? :ummm:

The blue looks great. My 89 is black, but is see a red original paint or close to it shade in my future. Frame red too. Got to do what pleases us.
Rode Dave's big bore yesterday and am ruined for life. Mod Monkey come knocking.
Steve-o

and i know this is personal preference.
but i think the scoops should always be silver,chrome or polished.
they bring that hot rod look to the engine area. just my opinion

Just talked to a painter today and discussed a new custom paint job for my 94 . Going with House Of Color Gold candy base with a HOC Orange/Gold for some ghost flames . Should set it apart...:eusa_dance:

Planning on this as a winter project as there's still some serious riding time in the Northeast to be had .

This is the place...

http://www.kustomflames.com/index.html

Just talked to a painter today and discussed a new custom paint job for my 94 . Going with House Of Color Gold candy base with a HOC Orange/Gold for some ghost flames . Should set it apart...:eusa_dance:

Planning on this as a winter project as there's still some serious riding time in the Northeast to be had .

This is the place...

http://www.kustomflames.com/index.html
WOW, they can lay some serious paint!

Back