New Product - Engine Wall Displays

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

one2dmax

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm thinking about going through my pile o parts and making a few limited edition wall displays. These will be pretty cool and though heavy they should be able to mount to a wall/stud without any problems.

They will be either the right side or the left side of the engine with all the covers (or partials) in place to simulate what the engine looks like. They will be bead blasted and painted just like our engines we sell. I am even probably going to put a clock or something into the stator/clutch cover.

Will be a very cool garage decoration or piece to hang in your man cave.

Not sure what to charge for this sucker? There will be minimal investment in the ruined cases but they take quite a bit to cut open and we also expect we will be milling these flat. There will also be some cost in the covers, pump (on the right side), and paint work.

Here's a link to a head we cut up just in case you wanted to see how the air flows in and out of the engines.
http://www.facebook.com/#!/photo.php?fbid=10150094978918679&set=a.295588688678.146283.282702488678

Anyone have an idea what they might be willing to pay? Now keep in mind these aren't going to be cheap and some might even consider them expensive but I am having to virtually use a complete engine to make 2 of them.

Sean

would it be cheaper just to say the cylinder and valves instead of the whole bottom end? basically could get 4/8 out of a single engine?

Its a cool idea, but i probably wouldn't pay over $100 for one, whether it was a full half of engine or just one cylinder with the valves etc.. Just my opinion tho!

That's Cool. I also went backwards through your pictures and saved a shortcut for further study... More Input.. # 5 is Alive...:biglaugh:

It's a super neat idea Sean, but I'd have to believe you'd be in at least 400 bucks when you were done with the milling and special parts to hold it all together. It'd be cool to hang on a wall.

Yea, I am thinking a sales price of about $500. Not cheap but you won't get anything cooler then a vmax engine sticking out of the wall! I've got the first one not too far away from doing the machine milling.

Sean

too damn cool! id love to have one, but for 500 bucks ive got other needs :( if you make them, some vmax nut will probably buy your whole order.

Back