New rad question

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robbarrie

Reaction score
I looked and had no success on finding a over sized rad for the Max. I was wondering if anyone knew of a different models rad that would fit. When I look at the bike from the front, it's no wonder the bike runs close to the limit. There isn't much of the rad sticking out to capture a good air flow. I don't want something huge but I think the original rad is too small for such a big engine.
Other than the thermo switch change, clean the rad, water wetter, ect... I just want to know - if anybody knows of a bigger rad out there that would fit the Max. Thanks

Edit: Let me include a fan upgrade. Curious to see if anyone has done this and noticed a big difference? The stock isn't bad, but if you don't ask, nobody is going to just tell you, right ! " oh, by the way, get this fan for your bike it works so much better "

Man I think I need another hobby....I'm so addicted, I can't help it.
After this, I gonna shut up for a while. Get back on my meds and chill out for a bit.

Last edited:
I have personally seen curved sportbike radiators modified to fit and they have worked well. You can generally pick them up cheaply on ebay since they usually survive the crashes.

Of course they will require modification to work buy making brackets and changing hoses around.

Sean

I think Don Smith from the Tech list said a Busa rad can be made to fit, although I may be wrong.

Latest posts

Back