New Seat

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is that a reupholstery of an existing Corbin seat? Or is it a new seat? If so care to share the cost of ownership? The color match is good with the paint, very complimentary, one to the other. The blue/grey trim is sharp, and it breaks things up nicely.

I have a couple of Corbins which need reupolstery. I've gotten local quotes. Sean Morley [email protected] has someone doing fine work for his reupholstery needs.

Is that a reupholstery of an existing Corbin seat? Or is it a new seat? If so care to share the cost of ownership? The color match is good with the paint, very complimentary, one to the other. The blue/grey trim is sharp, and it breaks things up nicely.

I have a couple of Corbins which need reupolstery. I've gotten local quotes. Sean Morley [email protected] has someone doing fine work for his reupholstery needs.
That's brand-spanking new. I appreciate the compliments on the colors because I wasn't sure I liked them that much. The Corbin website has a virtual example feature and I thought the materials I chose would be a much darker grey for the seating surfaces and a silver-grey for the trim. I was kind of surprised how light the colors were when it arrived but I guess I better get used to it. About upho;stery, have you called Corbin to ask their price to redo their seats? I'm pretty sure they do it but it might be expensive of course. The workmanship is impressive though.

I've priced the Corbin reupholstery in the past, not recently. I have an acquaintance who has a full-service shop. He does cars, trucks, boats, and luxury cars. His work is very good for the price. I've had him do repairs on a car before, and the match for color and style was to the casual eye, indistinguishable from OEM. Whenever I go in he always has something interesting, it's not uncommon to see Mercedes, Bentley, and Rolls-Royces, and other $$$ cars. Sometimes there's a restoration vehicle, he had a Tri-Five Bel Air in there that looked better than new.

Nice. Colours do work well with that paint scheme even if not quite what you had in mind.

the corbin seat is a beauty! i have a Gen 1 ('85) max and replaced the stock seat some 15+ years ago with a corbin. it's been great, but as with anything else, wear and tear catch up. instead of replacing it the move was to have it reupholstered. JD Customs was the shop that did the work, photos attached.

Attachments

• 20221229_151108.jpg
    20221229_151108.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 2
  • 20221229_151154.jpg
    20221229_151154.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 1
  • 20221229_151309.jpg
    20221229_151309.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 1
the corbin seat is a beauty! i have a Gen 1 ('85) max and replaced the stock seat some 15+ years ago with a corbin. it's been great, but as with anything else, wear and tear catch up. instead of replacing it the move was to have it reupholstered. JD Customs was the shop that did the work, photos attached.
That's gator-ific! I like it.

Latest posts

Back