New tire technology... best front tire Gen 1

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Commander 3 in front requires "17. conversion involved. An Xj 900 rear wheel with non standard 20/40/.5 bearing eBay, matching 3 spoke, xj 600 or 1000 front rim, caliper machining 4 places, speedo drive & left fork shave
Pros. 30 lbs lighter with Commander 3s
and Xj rims. The Bike will look like the concept illustrations and weigh 30 lb less.
A lot of the weight savings is from losing one brake disc and one caliper and line

im a racer with the cmra. i usually ride my sv650 on track but i have a buddy that runs whats called the vtwin takeover. so i took the max out on the shinkos. they did well. i made sure to stay mainly straight up on hte brakes heavy but they did well with some trail breaking too. i plah on takeing the bike on more track days and i asked perelli what they had to offer. said the angels would be the best bet. i ran angels on my sv for a few rounds when i just got started and they were not the limiting factor, the fork springs were. they held up verywell.. so the shinkos work and the pereli angels would work too for aggressve riding imo

im a racer with the cmra. i usually ride my sv650 on track but i have a buddy that runs whats called the vtwin takeover. so i took the max out on the shinkos. they did well. i made sure to stay mainly straight up on hte brakes heavy but they did well with some trail breaking too. i plah on takeing the bike on more track days and i asked perelli what they had to offer. said the angels would be the best bet. i ran angels on my sv for a few rounds when i just got started and they were not the limiting factor, the fork springs were. they held up verywell.. so the shinkos work and the pereli angels would work too for aggressve riding imo
does it have frame braces? Solid mounts? at least in front

I have the Shinkos on mine and I think they have great grip and I do some spirited riding when I can.

Back