New To Me 2015 - Road Trip

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AEmedic

Reaction score
I will be picking up a 2015 with approx 6k miles this weekend. After I pick it up I will be riding it from Tucson, AZ to Boise, ID. What is the real world range of the bike cruising down the highway at the speed limit (65 - 75 mph)? The bike is all stock except for some sliders.

I will be picking up a 2015 with approx 6k miles this weekend. After I pick it up I will be riding it from Tucson, AZ to Boise, ID. What is the real world range of the bike cruising down the highway at the speed limit (65 - 75 mph)? The bike is all stock except for some sliders.

Around 100 miles if you don't have a stiff headwind.

The fuel light comes on with 1 gallon left. You can go at least 25 more miles with the light on although it is a little unnerving.

So you should see the light around 70-80 miles. If you have a easy throttle hand you might even go 90 miles before the light.

If you are able to do the speed limit on a Gen 2 VMax, you are an EXTREMELY disciplined person. It's just too much fun to crack the throttle. You'll see. :)

Congrats on the bike, you're going to love it. Have a safe ride home.

Mark

Thanks Mark! It'll be a good shake down cruise, I'm looking forward to it.

Is there an easily accessible power source for a phone or GPS?

By now you should have made your ride home, I hope all went well and you had a nice ride. If there is a possibility to have a nice ride in early March gong north. It's been a nice 2 weeks and just started to get nippy in the evening.

Congrats your 2015, well now I know of 2 of us who have 2015's in the 3 state area up here. Some times I never see a VMAX until I see them on Craigslist..lol it's kind of hard to hide a VMAX if they are being rode.

Last edited:
thats true but love seeing people on the vmax i just bought one 2016 new in november last year have about 250 miles on it its great fun :biglaugh:

By now you should have made your ride home, I all went well and you had a nice ride. If there is a possibility to have a nice ride in early March gong north. It's been a nice 2 weeks and just started to get nippy in the evening.
Congrats your 2015, well now I know of 2 of us who have 2015's in the 3 state area up here. Some times I never see a VMAX until I see them on Craigslist..lol it's kind of hard to hide a VMAX if they are being rode.

And Two get ridden

By now you should have made your ride home, I all went well and you had a nice ride. If there is a possibility to have a nice ride in early March gong north. It's been a nice 2 weeks and just started to get nippy in the evening.

Yep, made it back okay and the bike was great except for the fork seals letting me know they need a change...6k miles is too soon for them to fail! The ride went great until I hit northern Nevada where the temp dropped into the 30s. 1055 miles in less than 24 hrs!

QUOTE=Hemi52rb;451271]thats true but love seeing people on the vmax i just bought one 2016 new in november last year have about 250 miles on it its great fun :biglaugh:[/QUOTE]

Spring is almost upon us, lets ride!

Wow, thats making good time!

Were the forks modified, ever taken apart by the PO for spring upgrades or anything?

I'm not sure if the forks have ever been apart... The bike has the full T-Rex Slider kit and the the touringwind screen though.

I'm not sure if the forks have ever been apart... The bike has the full T-Rex Slider kit and the the touringwind screen though.

2 yrs and 6k miles would be very early for seal failure, just thinking if someone was in there maybe they didnt replace them, or replace them with the right stuff. I've heard that the Seal Mate has worked for some folks, I've never tried it myself though.

2 yrs and 6k miles would be very early for seal failure, just thinking if someone was in there maybe they didnt replace them, or replace them with the right stuff. I've heard that the Seal Mate has worked for some folks, I've never tried it myself though.

I got the dealer in AZ to cover the seals, so it goes in the shop on 4 Apr.

Did anyone else think the 1700 was noisier than they expected? It has a bit more rattle can or clatter than I thought it would.

Yes, the engine is noisy but they all are so it's normal for the bike.

That's great that they are covering the seals, I just had my forks completely gone through and it was not cheap..... and I carried them in to the dealership.

Glad your trip went well, that's quite a haul.

Yes, the engine is noisy but they all are so it's normal for the bike.

That's great that they are covering the seals, I just had my forks completely gone through and it was not cheap..... and I carried them in to the dealership.

Glad your trip went well, that's quite a haul.

Thank you, I kind of figured that the engine was just noisy. It runs well and the power is awesome!

I'm going to do a tail tuck of some sort and I'm looking for some LED DRLs with clear tinted lenses.

Fargo ND would have been shorter :biglaugh: Congrats on your new Vmax.

Congrats on your new Max. I have an '09, and my fork seals are still like new. I used to live in Phoenix, and it is very dry there, and it gets a little warm, so maybe that had something to do with the seals drying out? However, when I lived there (for 9 years) I never had a problem with the seals on any of my bikes. Glad to hear the dealer has you covered though.

In my opinion the when I picked up my 2007 from Kansas City Missouri riding straight back to North Dakota I averaged about 55 miles per hour with stops for gas and to let circulation bet back into your balls. That was a Gen 1 from what I can tell the seat has not improved much if any so the seat was always a problem for me with every Vmax I have owned. I guess you give up things to have a Vmax and the seat is one.

JMO

Back