New to me sportmax seat

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

06VMAXIMUS

Reaction score
Ok, so I decided I should obtain a cut down seat, and was going to wait until winter to have Sean do mine, but a deal came along I could not pass up. I ended up buying Dannymax's sportmax seat off of his 99, since he installed a Maxgasser on it. Haven't put that many miles on it yet, but I must say that it really makes the bike feel a lot different! The lower center of gravity helps make the bike turn easier. Riding with my feet up on the highway pegs makes it feel like I am sitting in my lazy-boy. The only drawback is that due to the deeper slope of the front section, it feels as though you are sitting on your "jewels". I am sure that it feels like that because I am not use to it yet. Anyway, a special thanks to Danny for letting the sportmax go for a good price. Here are some before and after pictures, I tried to get the same profile, so that the difference can be seen. Bob

Attachments

• seat before (Small).jpg
    seat before (Small).jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 104
  • seat after (Small).jpg
    seat after (Small).jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 118
Thanks for the compliments! After putting more miles on it, I think I should have gotten the cut down seat long ago. Hopefully, I will find the time to do a couple hour ride soon....that will be the real test.

man that's really cut down.... i thought my morley seat was cut down.... that looks easily 3 inches lower than stock... any pad left in her :)

man that's really cut down.... i thought my morley seat was cut down.... that looks easily 3 inches lower than stock... any pad left in her :)
Not much padding left for the driver, but I don't even notice the difference from the stocker. You just sit a lot lower in the saddle. Almost like you sit "in" the bike instead of "on" it. The passenger seat is much more comfy according to the wife.

Latest posts

Back