New to me Vm=Max miss before vboost

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Slamfire

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I just picked up a 97 vmax last weekend. Never had one before. Today we got a break in the weather so I decided to go for a short ride in the cold.

This thing rips:punk: But i noticed there seems to be a miss right before vboost kicks in. Not all the time it seems and only if you really hammer it. Rolling thought its fine.

From what I see the bike has cobra mufflers and a K&n air filter. I do not know if its jetted, the previous owned did not know. Also the spark plugs are new.

Do you guys have any idea what it could be? or what I should search for?

Thanks

btw did I mention it rips LOL

I know that with the Cobras....you tend to loose HP due to them not savaging that well. Its possible that there are some jetting issues that the cobras are making worse.

Gee I would hate for them cobras to be the problem since they sound so good. The bike has sat for a long time, the last owner went away then came back and sold it to me. Maybe its just wishfull thinking that it might improve with use??

Well put in a can of Seafoam....or better yet about 1/3rd to 1/2 of a can of BG-44. Should clean out the carbs. The BG-44 is my personal favorite....but its 22-25 bucks a can.

if the bike sat for a while....it could be just a slight build up in the carbs.

You might try a seafoam treatment and run a tank of fuel through it, if that doesn't get results I would do a shotgun on the carbs, which is a partial disassembly and cleaning without removing them from the bike, there is a how to in the carb section, welcome to the site!!..................Tom.

Telling him to take a shotgun to his bike is bit radical isent it tom.:rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200:

thanks guys. I love seafoam , so I'll give it a try. oh and I'll run the piss out of her too ha

Don't use an entire can or it will turn your bike into a smoke machine 1/4 to 1/2 can at the very most will do fine and even this amount will produce some smoke.

Hey Mike, don't confuse shotgun with holeshot...........Which is what I'll be delivering to you soon!..........:biglaugh:............Tom.

You bring it grandpa bee. Tell you what I will only use 3 gears and we can go from a dig to top speed :biglaugh:

Craig I could start in second and wind it to 100 and shift to forth and win with two gears . Are you up for it. I said from a dig to top speed. You cant even take your bike to top speed without puting your life in danger. If im running bee I would rather use 1 and 2 so I can give him a good example of a great holeshot
Like I did the last time we ran from a dig. Trust me I will get this bike out of the hole. I say we all show up at the track and have some fun. Dont pull the old man shit with me craig im calling you out bro. :biglaugh:

Well so far I just can't find any 60 28 FAT leather pants. Not to mention I don't have any boots that don't have felt liners. And then I would have to lunch with my left foot on the peg, so I could shift into second (just can't get it up any more) and of course "top speed" would be defined by the slowest bike. So for me that would be like 100-110 because of the windshield.

My problem is that I would loose, sell my BMW and the VMax, got out and get a bypass so I could take off 100 lbs, buy an ZX-14, set it up and put about ten grand in the motor, stretch it, go get the Baby Ceriani forks off the guy that still has Who's Chicken 2, have a rear triangle make for a 12" slick and put my street tag on it. Un load it at the school and drive it the 1/2 mile to the track, and tell everyone that I want a rematch with my "street bike". Of course that wouldn't be fast enough for me once I got the fever, so I surely would put a bottle and an e-100 setup in it.

Just can't get me started dude- I have to have somewhere for my girls to live, and I wouldn't if I got back into it!

Latest posts

Back