new to vmax and forums

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

randu

Supporting Member
Reaction score
sold my beloved Raider a while back to help survive COVID-just bought a '98 VMAX to fill the void. seems to be in good shape for its age, but i feel a little too big for it. (im 6ft/270#), seems like a solo seat might help but having trouble finding one that looks like itll fit correctly. anyone had any luck installing a non-custom solo/bobber seat on a Gen 1 VMAX?

Congratulations for the bike & Welcome to the forums . I am 6'1" 350 but have short legs so the seat was not a problem for me , there are a few guys who still custom build seats for the bike just got to look . I myself have never seen a solo bobber seat for the Max but I am sure they are out there . Good Luck on your search .

I had some issues as well, 6'"2 265, 34 inseam . Put some forward controls on my 05 and it is a comfortable ride now.

sold my beloved Raider a while back to help survive COVID-just bought a '98 VMAX to fill the void. seems to be in good shape for its age, but i feel a little too big for it. (im 6ft/270#), seems like a solo seat might help but having trouble finding one that looks like itll fit correctly. anyone had any luck installing a non-custom solo/bobber seat on a Gen 1 VMAX?
I too had an 09 Raider. I loved that bike. Had to sell it to help make ends meet a few years back. Finally got my 2020 VMAX on December 23rd. I've wanted one since I can remember riding on my YZF600 way back in 03.

I can either build a seat or I have a few used options. I currently have 2 nice Corbins (a fav for the big guys) and one other custom wider front seat. Even with my 6' stature they seem tall to me but that may be what you're wanting. I can get new forward controls as well if that's a preference (though I don't like them either lol). Hard to ride "fast" with my feet out in front of me (or over my head when i'm in a big power wheelie).

Ok thank you so much. She’s def a work in progress and I appreciate the info. Unfortunately I just made a big mistake (I think) and I’m freaking out that I might have just pushed back riding her for a while and I’m devastated...but that’s another post , which I’m about to do, and hopefully someone can assist, I’m already in love w this thing ! Need to ride!

Latest posts

Back