New toy

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CaptainKyle

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well I picked up this 96 today it needs a little cleaning & it has a rod bearing making a little noise. It has a 1500 PCW tourmaser with JE 13:1 pistons web cams corrillo rods 39mm flatsides, dynamag wheels,progressive springs & ricors, radial master cylinders aftermarket rotors. This thing has had a crap load of work done . I am stoked. I am gonna sell the flatsides & the progressive 418's, the hindle & a few other things. I am probably gonna put my current bike back to stock & sell it to fund this project. I am probably gonna send the motor back to PCW as they said they knew what the problem was & could fix it for $ 1500 . I got a good enough deal on it that I dont mind spending the cash on the motor

Attachments

• 96 tourmaster Vmax 005.jpg
    96 tourmaster Vmax 005.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 200
  • 96 tourmaster Vmax 006.jpg
    96 tourmaster Vmax 006.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 151
  • 96 tourmaster Vmax 007.jpg
    96 tourmaster Vmax 007.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 138
  • 96 tourmaster Vmax 008.jpg
    96 tourmaster Vmax 008.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 134
  • 96 tourmaster Vmax 009.jpg
    96 tourmaster Vmax 009.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 127
  • 96 tourmaster Vmax 010.jpg
    96 tourmaster Vmax 010.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 131
  • 96 tourmaster Vmax 011.jpg
    96 tourmaster Vmax 011.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 121
  • 96 tourmaster Vmax 012.jpg
    96 tourmaster Vmax 012.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 164
  • 96 tourmaster Vmax 013.jpg
    96 tourmaster Vmax 013.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 108
wow what a beast. i especially love that "big air" faux cover, at least that's what i think it's called. the one made or sold by F. Marz. man it sure does sound like a lot of fun. hahaha

wow what a beast. i especially love that "big air" faux cover, at least that's what i think it's called. the one made or sold by F. Marz. man it sure does sound like a lot of fun. hahaha
I have the factory faux cover for it . That nice big aluminum auxillaery tank is gonna be for sale to to help fund this project.

Kyle,

I have one of those exact ugly ass Corbin seats sitting around here. Good candidate for reshaping and recovering and they can be nice. They are so wide that I dubbed it my "surfboard" seat...lol! Well maybe it was from large butts compressing the foam and it got wider :rofl_200:. I am sure it will be nice when you get it completed.

Todd

Someone sure put a ton of money into that bike!!! :worthy:

Better than you explained! Hope those rubber boots aren't on there for a reason id rip them suckers off lol. Nice bike that's one silver bullet. Time to.drink a cold one and get to work! :punk:

I have only seen two bikes (I think) with a dampiner, is that the only way to mount it?

Kyle,

I have one of those exact ugly ass Corbin seats sitting around here. Good candidate for reshaping and recovering and they can be nice. They are so wide that I dubbed it my "surfboard" seat...lol! Well maybe it was from large butts compressing the foam and it got wider :rofl_200:. I am sure it will be nice when you get it completed.

Todd
The corbin is going away. I am gonna put the body set off my 89 on it with the R1 tail . My 89 is gonna go bacl all stock except for the late model wiring & the progressive fork springs & drag bars unless some one offers me a decent price for it like it is.

the swingarm looks 'shortened'. is that possible?

Looks much better with the stock faux cover, that seat as comfy as it looks has to go!............................Tom.

The gas tank was not a aesthetically pleasing piece by any means. Looks much better without that huge tank. The only thing it was good for was keeping you planted in the seat under hard braking! But of course, your nuts will pay the price...hehehe. Get that Corbin off there and it will look acceptable right now. I do like the R1 tail on your bike though. Just remember guys, part prices just went up to fund the project...LMAO! Just kidding Kyle.

Todd

Back