1st Gen V-Max New V Max owner in Eastern NC!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like yellow and white on a bike. The Low Rider is owned since-new by my Daytona Bike Week ridin' buddy. He's a glutton for punishment, he also has a pair of Ironhead Sportsters, one a 883 and the other a 1000.

H-D LowRider 1980 H-D FLSTN 1996.jpg

Kyle, do you recall the yellow VMax you took back to Oldsmar FL from Miami? I was impressed that you had it running in 24 hours. I would have suspected at-least a fuel tank cleaning and a carburetor removal, disassembly, cleaning, rebuild, and reinstallation. Lots like that guy's are selling for a million bucks now. For the audience, it was an acre lot with a small ranch house and a small barn, with fruit trees, palms, and cast-off old equipment, quietly rusting-away into the humus. I have a couple of old pics on another computer, not currently set-up. I think you brought the red V-10 Ram pick-up?

Welcome. I just bought one a few weeks ago. 1994 Yellow. I want to paint it, but it's pricey; I'm looking into doing it myself. The Vmax kicks ass!
Thanks! There are alot of good videos on YouTube on how to paint yourself. Check out some from Eastwood company! I just painted a '68 Corvette myself after much research on doing it myself!

Welcome. I just bought one a few weeks ago. 1994 Yellow. I want to paint it, but it's pricey; I'm looking into doing it myself. The Vmax kicks ass!
Be careful with that.

Typically, by the time you buy DECENT materials and tools you've already paid more than you would have to have it professionally painted.

I wish I had a dollar for everybody I've seen go out and buy a cheap gun, a cheap compressor and hoses, all kinds of primer sealer, paint and clear coat, spend days working on it and wind up with a complete train wreck that they wind up taking to have professionally done anyway.

Latest posts

Back