New V4 store introduction

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RaWarrior

Reaction score
Hi all, a member from another board I belong to (v4hondabbs.com--I used to ride a V30 Magna) is setting up an online store for parts and accessories for our relatively rare breed of V4 motorcycle. It's just getting started and currently there are only a few items for Honda V4's, but plans to expand to Yamaha and Suzuki bikes as well. He hopes to compile many products from "small scale"(i.e single man operations) that continue to produce valuable parts to keep these bikes on the road. We all know how valuable these forums are to obtaining parts and information for these older bikes, but there was strong support at the Honda forum to make these "gotta know a guy" sources more widely available.

The current address is v4market.com, and here's the original thread:
http://v4hondabbs.com/index.php?topic=46246.0

I suggested to him that picking up Vmax parts would be a great way to grow the store and reach a broader appeal, and that there are several established and respected vendors at this site. While the Sabre/Magna/Interceptor bikes have a surprisingly strong following, the Vmax was just produced longer and has a huge following. However, he readily admitted that he doesn't know much about the Max, or Yamahas at all and didn't want to approach this forum and seem like a scammer or some sleaze looking for a quick buck off other people's work. The founder of this store is a very well respected member of the v4hondabbs.com community for over 3 years looking to do a service to the entire V4 bike world. Of course it's up to all the individual vendors here, but it would be great if you considered working with this. I agreed to "introduce" him here, and I'll refer him to this forum- goes by the handle "2old4this" so he can get to know the (slightly quicker:biglaugh:) V4 Yamaha riders.

hey bud, can't see it, we have to log in?

He won't get any Vmax guys to it without changing the URL and name of it.

Neat idea though.

The store's address is www.v4market.com

It was left only as "v4" because he was hoping to expand into other brands. That should be visible to anybody.

v4hondabbs is just the forum where the idea was cooked up. I didn't think you needed an account to view it but maybe.

I've referred the founder to this thread on the Honda forums so he can give you more info.

I personally welcome ANY new vendor that can broaden the market, choices and price ranges available to us.
The best of luck to your friend.
I'll go check the site out.

I used to be a Hardcore V65 guy until I realized the Vmax was just plain better:rofl_200:

(Actually it was the cost of keeping the old bikes running, and the difficulty of finding parts, that sent me to the Vmax, I had the famous "cam issues" in every V65 I owned, that was expensive even when the dealer supported the bike)

Hello all, and thanks RaWarrior for that great intro.

Right to the point, all is as RaWarrior wrote. The store is new and has few parts, but is growing.
In addition to what's there now, I have just received some Speed Bleeders and will be putting them up within a couple of days.

For you vendors, very basically, I can do one of two things.
First, I can set you up as a drop shipper. I put your parts up on the store and take the payment. You get a PO automatically from the system. I send you a payment via PayPal, which will be the order total minus the merchant account's 2.9% and 30 cent transaction fee from the purchase, and 4% for me. You handle shipping and so on.
Second, I can buy your product wholesale and sell it myself. Really, I don't have a bunch of cash, but I can do a couple of hundred here and there.

If you are interested PM me and I'll fill in the details.

Now for personal stuff!

Like most Honda V4 folks (well, Magna riders anyways), I do admire the Vmax. I liked the Venture too, and considered buying one years ago, but they were too small as my knees were shoved right into the fairing.
I started with Suzukis and even had a 77 GT 750, aka Water Buffalo in the U.S. or Kettle in Britain. I then went to Harley and have had 3. It was my wife that wanted the Magna, and I fell in love with it after I got the damn thing running right with an unbelievable amount of help from the board.

As already mentioned, I know nothing about the Vmax. I find the intake system fascinating though, and since I'm here now I will probably search around and try to find out more about it.

I would love to sell Vmax parts on my store, not just for the money, but because I really have a soft spot for the V4 engine configuration. I think it makes a lot of sense and has a lot more personality and feel than an inline.

Thank you for welcoming me and V4 Market, I will do my best to make you all glad I'm here.

Now I just have to get used to your board's system!

EDIT: I want to thank the admins too, for approving me so quickly!

Well, it's slow going, but I've started to add Vmax stuff. Hah, yeah, only speed bleeders so far, but it's a start.
I ordered some clutch slave rebuild kits from K&L, but of course they were out of stock and that's back ordered.

I give discounts to board members. Go to the My Account page and register under the group "BBS"
In two days or less, you'll get a confirmation email. From then on, log into your account when you visit the store and you will get the discount prices. I suggest that you make sure you can accept emails from the domains "v4source" and "v4market" or you might not get the confirmation message.
Discounts will be for all parts, not just those for the Vmax.

Now I need a favor from you. I broke down the Vmax years into categories that make sense based on what little I know of the years the bike went through changes. If you folks could check it and let me know if I got it right or tell me where I messed up.

Also, I am signed up with the following distributors and manufacturers: K&L, Speed Bleeders, All Balls, and Traction Control Braking. Let me know what parts you suggest I carry and I'll see what I can do.

Been a long time.

I've added a couple of Vmax parts recently. Still very little. The clutch slave rebuild kits that were on back order came in.

As it turns out, most of what is selling is for the Honda V65 Magna and Sabre. That makes sense as that is what I started with. Since those bikes have turned out to be my bread & butter, I need to focus on them in terms of stocking items.

But I have not forgotten the Vmax (who could?) and I will add more items bit by bit.

I have also picked up an OEM supplier for Yamaha, Suzuki, and Honda. If you need an OEM part, I can check on prices for you. I generally can't beat someone like Ron Ayers, but once in a while...

Hope everyone had a great time over the holidays. 2010 is so far looking way better than 2009 (except for the freezing weather), and here's hoping it keeps looking up and warms up.:biglaugh:

On Facebook, need photos!

I created a Facebook page for V4 Market.

Besides the expected request for fans, I only have two Vmax photos. I'd like to get more, but I don't just want to use photos I find in here without letting folks know I'm doing it. Please tell me if there's a problem with that.
I want good clear photos of very clean bikes. Best foot forward and all that.

I can troll through the galleries myself, but if anyone has a good photo that isn't already in a gallery here, It'd be great if you could get it to me or post it here so I can use it.

I'll be starting here and there this week. Again, let me know if anyone has a problem with this.

On Facebook, need photos!

I created a Facebook page for V4 Market.

Besides the expected request for fans, I only have two Vmax photos. I'd like to get more, but I don't just want to use photos I find in here without letting folks know I'm doing it. Please tell me if there's a problem with that.
I want good clear photos of very clean bikes. Best foot forward and all that.

I can troll through the galleries myself, but if anyone has a good photo that isn't already in a gallery here, It'd be great if you could get it to me or post it here so I can use it.

I'll be starting here and there this week. Again, let me know if anyone has a problem with this.

You can use any of mine!

Attachments

• 100_2394.jpg
    100_2394.jpg
    105.9 KB · Views: 27
  • 100_2398.jpg
    100_2398.jpg
    115.6 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_0145.jpg
    IMG_0145.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 28
Very sharp machine my friend! Back in black looks sinister.
I went a little different direction...

Yankee

Attachments

• good pic.jpg
    good pic.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 31
Here are some you can use. Good luck.

Attachments

• 100_3205.jpg
    100_3205.jpg
    105.1 KB · Views: 11
  • Close up.jpg