New vmax owner

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Daniel E Kidd

Reaction score
Hey just purchased a 2019 vmax . And have been looking for after market seats and backrest only found that Corbin makes some .any others out there. Thanks

Not a ton of options. I do have modified stock seats that I can do on an exchange or outright. I even have one new old stock UFO seat set in all black that you might like. Email me at [email protected] if I can interest you.

Attachments

• UFO Gen 2 Seat.jpg
    UFO Gen 2 Seat.jpg
    377.5 KB · Views: 21
Oem for the backrest. I know there is an aftermarket out but I'm not sure on availability. I got the Yamaha backrest, rack, and boulevard wind screen when I got my 18 last year. Not much aftermarket support for the vmax. I think there is more for the 1st gen than the 2nd. I got the rack to support my tail bag, works great because I can ride a passenger if needed.

Im a gen1 guy so this is a general comment. I cant see what your locality is, but there is a good chance that an upholstery shop near you has extensive experience with bike seats. You could have one made specifically to fit your back side right from the OEM seat pan. If your not sure about an upholstery shop then stroll into your local HD or BMW dealer, they will know who makes the best custom seats locally. It might be more $$ than a Corbin (already overpriced IMHO) but the comfort and quality are likely to be significantly better. The guys that seem to like Corbins generally seem to have a greater contact patch with it. Narrow guys like me seem to do better with higher quality seats.

I paid some $550 to have one made for my Triumph back in 2000, a place in WA called Riches Custom Upholstery, they were locally very well known for their bike saddles. The seat was spectacular. My guess is there is someone near you that does similar work. Someone on this very forum made the seat I have on my Gen1 and it's 1000x better than the Corbin that came off. I know there are upholsterers out there that keep the lights on by fixing Corbins. I would definitely see what you can have made locally unless you already know that you find Corbin comfortable. Anyone making you a truly proper seat will ask about your weight, height, waist size and how much padding you have around back. I chime in because the experience of having a seat made for YOU is a real treat and well worth the $$. Whichever route you take I hope it gives you many comfortable miles.

Happy trails and gratz on your new steed!

Latest posts

Back