1st Gen V-Max New Vmax owner.

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chug4life

Reaction score
VMax Year
Hello all thought I would introduce myself. I'm Ken and thanks to my girlfriend I'm the proud owner of this 2003 Vmax 1200.
This ride stands for more than just a bike, I made a deathbed promise to a friend that i would keep his memory alive and ride again. Years later my girlfriend made that happen and with my dream bike!

Hello all thought I would introduce myself. I'm Ken and thanks to my girlfriend I'm the proud owner of this 2003 Vmax 1200.
This ride stands for more than just a bike, I made a deathbed promise to a friend that i would keep his memory alive and ride again. Years later my girlfriend made that happen and with my dream bike!

Sweet.
Not sure what you know bout the Maxxes. But I HIGHLY suggest reading everything you can here. Lots of help/how to's and such, for Vmax specific issues/fun. (some of the OLD threads, the pics may be missing, as photoshop did their thing way back- but I digress.) The how to's and the HELP from the PEOPLE around here is awesome.

Did you say where you was from?

Folks are always lookin to get together with other riders. Just seems rare to see them in the wild, and if you haven't had a chance to ride in a pack of several Vmaxxes, MOST of which have some type of aftermarket exhaust/pipes.. I HIGHLY recommend it. (at least 3, Plus yourself should give you the experience). 👍

🍻
T$

As V-four said, reading on here and using the 'advanced search' function in the upper right-hand corner (click 'search,' then 'advanced search'), before you ask a question, will show you that your own efforts and a bit of keyboard time will answer pretty-much any question you have.

Some resources:
(34) New Vmax Owner FAQs....new members please read! | Yamaha Star V-Max VMAX Motorcycle Discussion Forum (vmaxforum.net)
This one alone will answer many questions.

The factory service manual. Save it on your computer, and print-out a hard-copy and place it into a loose-leaf binder. You will be using this frequently. VMX12- Service-Manual.pdf (vmoa.net)

Thank you for the service manual, i will be looking through it to see if i can fix my own starter issues or if it needs a service tech lol

Sweet.
Not sure what you know bout the Maxxes. But I HIGHLY suggest reading everything you can here. Lots of help/how to's and such, for Vmax specific issues/fun. (some of the OLD threads, the pics may be missing, as photoshop did their thing way back- but I digress.) The how to's and the HELP from the PEOPLE around here is awesome.

Did you say where you was from?

Folks are always lookin to get together with other riders. Just seems rare to see them in the wild, and if you haven't had a chance to ride in a pack of several Vmaxxes, MOST of which have some type of aftermarket exhaust/pipes.. I HIGHLY recommend it. (at least 3, Plus yourself should give you the experience). 👍

🍻
T$
I'm from British Columbia Canada Mission Bc to be exact.

Back