new vmax poll

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

new bike vote

• Total voters
I cant say I hate it,its not what I want, but it beats coming out with nothing and the Vmax name lives on only through us.

Disappointed in the looks and wheelbase....except the motor? YES

I didn't like the prototype too and put that in the survey they had.But then again Ive got a 250 on the back of mine thats what I like.

I look at this bike nd the only thing I like is the motor, without it its just a bunch of weird parts thrown together,look how the fender attach the brackets aren't hidden,the tank or airbox cover is a funky shape the headlight is just plain funky.The only part of it allowed in my garage would be the motor.lol

They could have made the worlds baddest muscle cruiser but the didn't IMHO

I've been thingking and it seems that all our differences in opinion may boil down to how each of us sees the current VMax..

I personally CRINGE when someone refers to it as a cruiser, cause to me cruisers are loud, heavy showy Vtwins without much HP not meant for going around corners ever..

But then I'm stuck 'cause I KNOW it's certainly not a sportbike, although the current one to me is closer to a naked sport bike (in looks only) than any of the cruisers being built..........

I use to refer to it as a "standard" but now if you say standard people give you a blank look..........

I guess those of us who saw it as a cruiser wanted it to be more so, and those of us who saw it as "something else" wanted it to be more that way.............

When I look at old and new side by side tho' I believe they stuck very close to the heritage from front to rear, I originally wanted it to have a sport tail but I like it the way it is now......

I've been thingking and it seems that all our differences in opinion may boil down to how each of us sees the current VMax..

I personally CRINGE when someone refers to it as a cruiser, cause to me cruisers are loud, heavy showy Vtwins without much HP not meant for going around corners ever..

But then I'm stuck 'cause I KNOW it's certainly not a sportbike, although the current one to me is closer to a naked sport bike (in looks only) than any of the cruisers being built..........

I use to refer to it as a "standard" but now if you say standard people give you a blank look..........

I guess those of us who saw it as a cruiser wanted it to be more so, and those of us who saw it as "something else" wanted it to be more that way.............

When I look at old and new side by side tho' I believe they stuck very close to the heritage from front to rear, I originally wanted it to have a sport tail but I like it the way it is now......

totally agree with everything you said....totally

I call it a power cruiser. It's the only one there is right now besides maybe the Rocket III.

I agree the motor is definitely the highlight of the bike. I really do like the overall look of the bike with the exception of the rear end, but that can be dealt with. In a nutshell, I will be purchasing this bike if I can afford it and if any become available in my area!

Hey Herc,

In all honesty it sounds like you want an OCC bike with a Vmax motor. The original was short wheelbase and looked funny too. The motor is and always will be the centerpiece. We have enough people putting these things in the weeds without making them longer lower and putting a steamroller tire on the back. I'll take mine with handling please!!

But thats the cool thing... You buy it and make it your own...as for me I will take it just the way it is!!

My .02 cents

Frank

Cosign. The dealer I bought my Max from calls it a friggin' cruiser every time he sees me. Ack. Standard or super standard is fine with me.

Cosign. The dealer I bought my Max from calls it a friggin' cruiser every time he sees me. Ack. Standard or super standard is fine with me.

There's nothing "standard" about the Vmax. ;-)

It is a cruiser. Its even listed under cruisers on the yamaha web-site. never thought of my vmax as a sportbike.

Hey, until my feet go out in front of me, it's a standard. :biglaugh: That's my story, and I'm stickin' with it.

What he said......

Plus it has way to much power to be a cruiser, even all the "power cruisers" of the 80's were really standards by any measure.....

Hey Herc,

In all honesty it sounds like you want an OCC bike with a Vmax motor. The original was short wheelbase and looked funny too. The motor is and always will be the centerpiece. We have enough people putting these things in the weeds without making them longer lower and putting a steamroller tire on the back. I'll take mine with handling please!!

But thats the cool thing... You buy it and make it your own...as for me I will take it just the way it is!!

My .02 cents

Frank

One thing to consider is that from what I've read the original Vmax had the longest production bike wheel base in the Market at that time....Dunno if that's really true...62" is pretty long already....

I think what it is...and has always been....is "hard to define"...

its what marketing guys call a "segment buster"

I had a friend describe mine once as "the original street fighter"... meaning a bike you could ride for the sole purpose of looking to stop light drag others....

When it first came out we called it a muscle cruiser and to me thats what it will always be , first and foremost,if I call it just a cruiser thats for short,problem here is this bike was a Hotrod first ,never handled that well....but hauled ass in a straight line! over the years tons of people have been wanting to pull the bike away from its Hotrod image and make it a naked sportbike with a v4 instead of just a straight line performer.Thats where we differ!!
Thats why they didn't put the 1800 in it it would have hurt handling what kind of BS is that from a straight line performer so all you people that needed that better handling they apparently listened to you and put the lower output less HP less torque powerplant in[but they screwed you on the price]!!

There are other muscle cruisers out there now and yes some have V twins

Rusty is right tho , a cruiser - NO - thats only what someone that has never riden one calls it . Maybe those guys should stick to what they know best - NOTHING :icon_axe:

Back