New VMax takes on Rivals - MCN March 4th

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like to see the numbers without the cat on the new 09.
But it looks like the hard thing to get accomplished is keep the rear tire from spinning.
Maybe with a better hooking tire, the numbers will meet the Busa!

and look at what it's being compared to, two bikes that are classified as sportbikes that weigh 485lbs & 366 lbs compared to the massive 683 lbs of the Max. look on totalmotorcycle.com and under yamaha, VMax is under the classification of VMax... random but i thought it was an interesting note when all other bikes have their own class(sportbike, cruiser, sport tour, etc). so, a bike that weighs over 300 more pounds than a bike it was pitted up against and ran nearly a second faster in the 1/4. can't find the US HP specs on an 09 R6 but UK specs show 135 PS(however you convert that).

Its pretty clear from what iv been reading that the new max is faster than the numbers would initially indicate . Another guy managed a 9.97 at over 140mph using the race ecu... i dont know how many articles iv read about how hard it is to keep the tire from spinning, as well.... im beginning to think that a bit stickier rubber and lower tire pressure will get the numbers down to where the bike really lives.. (i dont think it needs more power...its needs to hook)

i just read that article and there is a HUGE difference in times and speeds being reported here between a 1985 V-max and a Gen-1 V-max made after the year 2000. can anybody explain to me why that is. the HP difference between the two bikes can't be more than 15 rwhp so what gives???

they list the following times:

"old yamaha V-max" = 12.63 @ 106 mph

"best old V-max" = 10.81 @ 141 mph

holy smokes that is slow..my big butt beat those old vmax times and when I took my bike to the track. I didn't even do a burn out lol. I hadn't raced a bike down the track in 10 years so I was just getting re-aquanted. 106 mph maybe on 3 cyl.

I saw an '09 V-Max Saturday.

Pulled into the local Yamaha shop and one of the salesmen asked me if I'd seen the new Max. I told him that I'd been reading all about it in the motorcycle magazines, but never seen one in person. Then he asked if I'd like to see the new one in the back. My eyes lite right up. I went in the back of the shop and there she was--a brand new 2009 V-Max!! She was a beauty! I actually got to sit on it! Guys, that new Max is one hugh motorcycle. It makes my '01 Max feel like a 350 cc machine! But at 18-grand, I think I'd have to pass it by even if I were in the market.

The dealer sold mine to me for under MSRP and it's worth every penny, I guarantee it!!

The old vmax time seems very slow compared to what i've read in the past form professional riders... not that I feel I would do better yet... but I seem to remember reading a article with Pee Wee Gleason runnin a 10.2 on a stock 1985 vmax? And average times for good riders were in the 10.8 range? Still... pretty damn quick none the less for the new vmax, super high mph!

I guess it helps when I continue reading... looks like THEIR best recorded run on previous year vmax's was in the 10.8's but massive traction problems.

Latest posts

Back