New VMaxForum rider's map

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Riders map

click the blue thing when you put your name in, and it will let you edit it.

I'd HIGHLY recommend that you not use your actual address for your location...

It's NEVER a smart idea. It's already too easy to find us. Let's not make it easier.

Chris

I'd HIGHLY recommend that you not use your actual address for your location...

It's NEVER a smart idea. It's already too easy to find us. Let's not make it easier.

Chris

good point, i just put mine in the center of my town near a field. i completely agree tho and shoulda said something sooner.

helped you out dannymax and old_timer!

good point, i just put mine in the center of my town near a field. i completely agree tho and shoulda said something sooner.
bwahaha. zoom in on me and check out what i'm drag racing on
punk0000.gif

A couple of things:
1) To do this, you need a Google account, which isn't entirely so bad. I've set the map up so that folks can freely add themselves to it. However, and this has happened to other forums, some shmuck could just as easily start screwing around with the map and displace everyone's tags. I'll just see how it goes and if the map gets violated, I'll just lock it down and deal with it appropriately.
2)
Unless you want the world to know the color of your front door, don't drill down and tag it.
rofl_200.gif
Remember, even though Google allows it, this should really be just to let others know your general vicinity to help with things like hookups and rides.

Here's a vid-torial, attempting to show how to mark your territory. You might have to open it up into the actual YouTube site, though...and even then you'll have to pop into full screen mode.
Of course, this is just one way. You can just as easily zoom into your territory first, and then drop your marker.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UtVLzwDVWG8

bump
Let's try out this new map by ninjaneer!
punk0000.gif

You need a Google account to post your location.
http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF&msa=0&msid=213759700147911684604.00049e8a7d7a830acbc52

A couple of things:
1) To do this, you need a Google account, which isn't entirely so bad. I've set the map up so that folks can freely add themselves to it. However, and this has happened to other forums, some shmuck could just as easily start screwing around with the map and displace everyone's tags. I'll just see how it goes and if the map gets violated, I'll just lock it down and deal with it appropriately.
2)
Unless you want the world to know the color of your front door, don't drill down and tag it.
rofl_200.gif
Remember, even though Google allows it, this should really be just to let others know your general vicinity to help with things like hookups and rides.

Here's a vid-torial, attempting to show how to mark your territory. You might have to open it up into the actual YouTube site, though...and even then you'll have to pop into full screen mode.
Of course, this is just one way. You can just as easily zoom into your territory first, and then drop your marker.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UtVLzwDVWG8

Back