New voltage regulator/rectifier launched on Kickstarter

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MikeJansen

Reaction score
Hi,

We from Ultimate Rectifier are trying to get publicity for our Kickstarter project. We know that this is against the forum rules, but we hope there can be an exception for us. We are motor enthusiasts and familiar with the voltage regulator/rectifier problems. Therefore, we started an engineering team to develop the Ultimate Rectifier in our spare hours. Now four years later, the product is finished. We have designed a new voltage regulator/rectifier that can handle extremely high loads. The engineering was more expensive than we thought and therefore we can’t afford much advertisement. We are looking for pre-sales to get our voltage regulator/rectifier on the market and solve this problem for ones and for all. For more information:

The Ultimate Rectifier.

If this form post is not desired, please delete it, or ask it, and we will take it offline.

Last edited:
MOSFET utilizing product, $117 each pledging singly, $109 each for two. Additional costs for S & H and tax will be assessed at time of shipment, S & H estimated at 10-22 Euros, tax is separate.

I suspect a decent Japanese OEM supplier using MOSFET circuitry will perform as-well and as-long.

It's seems they have given it some thought, re using microcontroller to monitor charging circuitry, but I'm not convinced there is a significant problem with OEM rectifier /regulator.

Of course it depends on the the selling price.

My issues with regulators are mostly due to cheap junk from E-bay and early Gen1 units. I like a R/R that fits the original location. Though there is room under the seat with the original coils gone. An idiot light is a worthy project. I'd be nice to know when charging stopped and battery voltage is critical. I suppose a voltage gauge would do the trick too. There'll be something configured soon for me.

...but I'm not convinced there is a significant problem with OEM rectifier /regulator.

Agree....provided the earths are good plus the early bikes have an earth point added and connector with the three white wire from the alternator is tight and in good condition.

Hi all,

Of course, MOSFET R/R's are already on the market for some time now. In that case, we are not new, what is new is the new digital control strategy with integrated safety circuits and higher power components. We are also cheaper than most OEM R/R's with better specifications. We compensate the output voltage based on the output load and temperature of the R/R.

If you look at the O.P.'s link, those questions are answered:

price

plug configurations

I went through the link but did not see price. There was mention of different fittings but I didn't see how that was resolved, different models, universal mounting holes or adapter?

I saw prices in a side-bar window on the right. It also discusses shipping/handling, and taxes.

The normal retail price will be $140,-, on Kickstarter, you pay $110,- without shipping. We have two different housings, one big and one small, with big slobgates so that the housing will fit almost every vehicle. You get the original connector delivered with your bike with a new contra connector. If you send your motorcycle brand, type and year we can check if it will fit your motorcycle.

Not sure why I would not run a series type unit instead of a MOSFET. Unless these units are using some newly developed technology. Do these units still shunt excess current to ground? From my understanding, that is the reason the series units are (in my opinion) superior. They don't overheat the regulator or the stator coils. After a long run the series unit living completely under the seat stays cool enough to lay your hand right on the unit.

Back