New Wheel Possibility

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Trust me, we are already doing the measurements for the hubs. We are working with another customer to cut the designs. These suckers are 3/4" thick so i want to shave some weight where I can but still try and keep them strong.

Probably going to see if I can get some help running them through a stress simulator.

Moving forward!

What about offset? Will these wheels be made with the stock offset? More? Less?

Can a wheel with NO offset be made to work on the max? What needs to be done to the bike to make that happen?

Anyone know where to find one of those charts that show what size tire can fit on what size rim width?

We are going to try and maximize what we can for alignment. Keep in mind that perfect alignment isn't possible with wheels that are much wider then stock. The wheel blanks are perfectly centered on the center flange but the hubs is what sets the offset.

You set that offset to try and be close to the swingarm but still allow for the tire. The 5.5" width allows this to stay pretty close to stock. Something like the 6.25" can be done but all that extra width is pushed to the right.

Sean

What about offset? Will these wheels be made with the stock offset? More? Less?

Can a wheel with NO offset be made to work on the max? What needs to be done to the bike to make that happen?

Anyone know where to find one of those charts that show what size tire can fit on what size rim width?

V-max as any other bike with heavy differential must run with a little offset.
Just imo.
Stock v-max rim is in offset from factory.

Prez, can you explain why the offset is necessary ?
Spreading the weight of the diff instead of having all in one side?

Sean, you never cease to amaze me! Your entrepreneurial drive and the help you give everyone is awesome! I know you have helped this new Vmax owner a bunch! :worthy:I will definitely be interested in the wheels you will be producing!:th_image003: Merry Christmas Everyone!
santa.gif

looks like we may be doing some new wheels before too long if everything works out. Can't make any promises yet but we are working on it! Not sure what patterns we are going to make yet but it may be possible to have a custom pattern made to order. We will of course try to offer the pattern that the stock wheels currently use. The wheels are very thick like RC Comps so not as light as I would like. BUT, this pattern I plan to do for myself should lighten it up considerable.

Let me know what you think and what you think a "fair" price would be.

Looks GOOD!!! Count me in!

looks like we may be doing some new wheels before too long if everything works out. Can't make any promises yet but we are working on it! Not sure what patterns we are going to make yet but it may be possible to have a custom pattern made to order. We will of course try to offer the pattern that the stock wheels currently use. The wheels are very thick like RC Comps so not as light as I would like. BUT, this pattern I plan to do for myself should lighten it up considerable.

Let me know what you think and what you think a "fair" price would be.

Any news on these? I like the look. I need to make a decision on which wheels to go with and if you are going to make these I would buy a set.
Just like this one but all black.

Please tell me you will be making them and it will center up with the extended, offset swingarm!! I don't really want to go 17's but other than these I can't really find anything I want to drop the money on.

Rear hub adapters are measured up but need to get some raw material to make the first one with. Working on clear covers at the moment and doing some improvements. I'm not letting this one get away but just don't want to put a promise date.

Did anything come of this? I'm looking for a 17x5.5 to put on the back of my Max and I'd much rather buy from you than ufo if I can help it

We have the Carr's but just in the 18's. I have RC Comps but the 17" in my opinion is far too wide (not to mention heavy). Email me at [email protected] as I have one option that you may be interested in.

Do you still have this wheel, do have any rear wheels for the vmax...
Any pictures... That match the stock wheel Sean.

Last edited:
This is great news been seriously thinking I'm going to put radials on over the winter please keep us posted :clapping:

Latest posts

Back