New Year, New Bike, New Member

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Happy New Year Max fanatics- I'm new here. Recently got my first V-Max after first drooling over one in the 80's. It's probably best that I didn't get one when I was that young. I've had my chopper, Gold Wing and many bikes in between, but at 57 decided I had to stop screwing around and get a V-Max while I could still handle and enjoy it. Grin Factor-11. Loving it! I know I'm on a great bike when I start smiling and give a war cry! That does not happen on my Gl1800. It happened on my CB750 chopper a lot. The V-boost is just what the doctor ordered, and the Max is not the fearsome, flawed beast I've read and heard about for so many years.
Mine is a 1st Gen, Carbon Fiber 2001 model. 17k miles when I got it. Body parts are all clean. I put a new rear rotor on, had the valve cover gaskets replaced, and am working on refinishing a lot of the blistering clear coated metal. It came with Hole Shot exhausts and a K&N filter, so I'd guess matching stage 1 jets. It pops a bit with the choke during warm-up, and just a smidge decelerating, so my to do list includes cleaning/checking the carbs. Other than that it runs great which frees me up to polish, customize, and ride for the 6k mark on the tach! I'll post pics when I make it a bit more my own.

MAXatLast

Welcome and Happy New Year!
Nice to have you here. This site is a tremendous resource. Enjoy.

Back