Newbie question...two forums?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trent7276

Reaction score
Just asked this on the new VMOA forum as well but when I have a question it seems I go to two sites now of valuable experience. VMOA forum and VMF...what are the relationships between the two? The Yahoo Groups and message lists were the same way. VMAXTech and VMOATech. Why not join forces or is there some drama involved? Are the two forums direct spawns of the two listgroups?

Thanks!

Trent

With out getting into too much politics,most are members of all the groups.I am.Vmoa,Outlaws and VMF.I came here because it was new with a new format and basically we are all here to try and help new members with the known problems and hopefully to keep some from getting killed.The vmax can be a handfull with its ill- handleing and braking for a heavy powerfull bike.

I will say this is one of the nicest, troll; free forums I've ever been on and very politics free. I hope it stays that way.

Just asked this on the new VMOA forum as well but when I have a question it seems I go to two sites now of valuable experience. VMOA forum and VMF...what are the relationships between the two? The Yahoo Groups and message lists were the same way. VMAXTech and VMOATech. Why not join forces or is there some drama involved? Are the two forums direct spawns of the two listgroups?

Thanks!

Trent

The short history -- this forum was started when people on the Yahoo lists didn't like the Yahoo list setup and asked why there wasn't a forum. I started this forum to test the waters and it took off. Some on the lists don't like forums so they stayed on the lists. VMOA decided to update their web site and include a forum. I offered this one as their forum, but never really got an answer back. So that is why there is no "one" source. It is sort of good in some ways, I guess, just more work for a person looking for an answer though.

I kinda' appreciate the division.
If someone is searching for a solution to a problem on their bike, they can find the answer to that question right here without being blocked out for not being in a exclusive "club".

I don't want to be strong armed into paying for access to a forum of riders, and I don't really like the mailing lists. To be honest I'd rather donate fifty bucks to this site than be required to pay 25 for access to vmoa.

You done good brother. The internet is made for sharing information.
If I see a biker on the side of the road, I ask him if he needs help. not if he has ten bucks!:ummm:

Just my two cents.

I lurk at Yahoo Groups vmoatech, and Outlaw, post little at vmaxtech, and vmaxchat.
But my heart is here at Vmax Forum

Here I just don't see the politics, or egos, refreshing :hmmm:

I don't use Jerry's lists vmaxtech or vmax anymore. If any of my posts mentioned VMOA or certain other key words, they would be deleted.

I don't bother anymore with the others, here is where it's at. We talk about the bike but we also help eacher other by talking about other issues, computer problems, buying a house, stop smoking, ect.... and there's has been some great jokes posted here too. Not to mention weblinks, sources, vendors, pics and vid clips.

I used to be on the Vmax mailing list, now and again I'd slip in a message for ppl to come visit us here on the forum, well lets just say I don't get emails from them anymore. :hmmm:

I started on Yahoo tech and chat and then this forum came along. Then the new VMOA forum came along. I like this site the best. I too recommended that VMOA incorporate this forum into the VMOA site. But I guess the powers to be wanted to be able to control the forum, so they went with thier own.
So now I use this site and the VMOA site. I believe in supporting the VMOA site in order to help the association grow and get better.
I have totally abandoned the yahoo tech and chat sites.

I think that the vmoa members only site is not going to get many new members since they can't even get in without joining first.

I'd join if I wasn't in the middle of a VMOA Black Hole.

No rides, no BBQ's, no get togethers, no nothing.

All I'd get is a magazine full of ads of the web sites I already have saved on my computer.

And as for the discounts, um I have two words "University Motors"

Maybe I would save a bit of a % if I was a member, but the prices I get with out the membership are fine for me.

I started with the VMOA in hopes of finding other Maxers near me. Didn't work out too well. The lists were entirely political and I get enough BS spam as it is, didn't need that to go along with it.

Ended up on a UK Max board, it was ok, but the forum software was a bit painfull and slow. I started building my own site when I stumbled on to these forums (because the Britts were pissing and whinning about it) and thats how I got here.

Matter of fact, my VMOA membership just expired the other day.

Latest posts

Back