newby to the sight with a ????

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

otpracer

Reaction score
Hey all,cool sight.been checking it out for awhile. I've got a 86 vmax and the v-boost controller is causing it to stay stuck on. How can I temporarily disconnect the vboost so I can ride it until I come across a good price on a controller?Thanks for any help.

Dave

I believe it to be the servo control box which is bad. When you turn the key on the v-boost opens, but won't close. If you tap on the servo control box it will then close. Anybody got one they want to sell?

I believe it to be the servo control box which is bad. When you turn the key on the v-boost opens, but won't close. If you tap on the servo control box it will then close. Anybody got one they want to sell?

When it closes then disconnect the plug from it. It'll stay closed then.

Then buy a new one and you're golden!

See if Sean Morley has one. [email protected]

Chris

Do you have tboost or a sassy controler on the bike or is it stock form? It wont hurt anything but your gas milage to leave it open all the time but you wont be able to sync the carbs unless you get it closed. Either leave it how it is until you find your part or if you want it closed disconnect the round 5-6 pin connector behind the left scoop when you know it is in the closed position.

When you turn the bike on does it cycle fully, or only halfway? heres a video

http://youtube.com/watch?v=CURWyEguZro&feature=relate

thanks guys. No the v-boost is in stock form...for now. When you turn the key on it opens the boost but sometimes it won't close. This allows for terrible fuel mileage and a crappy running machine. If your riding it and you get into the boost then come down from speed it runs so rich it feels like it dropped a cylinder. I thought I had a bad carb diaphram at first until I realized the problem with the v-boost controller. Thanks for the help.

You can open it up and resolder the bad wire connections.

Spoke with Sean Morley and he no gots a spare black box. Anyone else got one they can part with? This bike is really starting to cost me. Hopefully after this she's good.

You can simply unplug and remove the servo motor and black box....

Leave the cable attached to the Vboost butterflies and use a cable end fitting to "fix" it permanently open. With the fitting you can easily close them for synching the carbs.....

You'll have to turn the idle up slightly to get it back to 1000, which may be why your thinking it's running like crap when it's stuck open since if the idle is not turned up slightly it will almost die when the Vboost is open.

You're gonna notice a very slight loss of off idle throttle/ "just letting the clutch out" rersponse but past 2000 rpm you're gonna love it.....my bike runs like a raped ape and I've got the times to prove it.

Running the Vboost open all the time does not load the cylinders up or foul plugs and I'll argue till I'm blue in the face with anybody on that one....I've got my last set of plugs sitting on the desk right now and they are a perfect whitish/ greyish color and dry as a bone.....It may reduce mileage slightly but I'm not even sure of that, I did mine before I ever checked the mileage on the bike.

I've done long hi-way trips with the Vboost open, I've done them with it closed. There is virtually no difference in mileage.

I'm getting a rock solid 37-38 now when doing pure highway riding at 80-85 with no stops except for gas. That's in my current configuration of Vboost open, DJ 160 mains and .010 shims on the needles....with UFO exhaust. my normal everyday running around I'm getting 33-34mpg

The motor isn't gonna suck anymore air either way, when it's open all the time the flow velocity is reduced (which will effect immediate off idle response slightly) through the two carbs as compared to pulling through one and the carbs are gonna add whatever fuel is appropriate for the airflow happening.

I've run mine that way since the first week I've had it, and did it with the rest of the bike in stock form for many miles without rejetting and never had an issue with it......

Plus your gonna love the way it idles...:biglaugh:

If you really want to fix it tho' I do have my old controller and servo motor but have no idea what it's worth........I'll check around and see......

Rusty,thanks for the info. I am however looking to get it back to stock,so if you can find your controller and shoot me a price I may take it off your hands. Thanks.
Dave

Latest posts

Back