NFL Lounge

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Falcons...still licking their wounds...:biglaugh:

If you're talking about the Superbowl, yeah, I agree. I don't think that loss will ever leave their mind. I am a lifelong Falcon fan and I know I'll never forget it.

I think they'll be fine this year though. I wouldn't be surprised to see them go deep into the playoffs, maybe win the NFC and get another shot at the Superbowl. I can't say that for sure though, it IS football and ANYTHING can happen. If they stay healthy I think they're the team to beat in the NFC. Green Bay certainly can't beat them.

Wow bad weekend for the Giants. OBJ and Marshall both out with major leg injuries. With no run game they are not going to have a good year.

Wow bad weekend for the Giants. OBJ and Marshall both out with major leg injuries. With no run game they are not going to have a good year.

The Patriots are heavy at running back and could easily trade one of their many for defensive help. A starting linebacker would help the cause for sure. The offensive line
is going to shorten Brady's season if they don't get it together soon. Jimmy G is raring to go, but who is his back up going to be? No 3rd QB is taking a big chance.

My ducks are on a pretty bad streak here. Could be a long season if we don't get Herbert back soon.
I think our third string starter was like 4-8 passing with 2 int. Not gunna win many games with those numbers.

Sent from my SM-G360V using Tapatalk

Congratulations to the 1972 Miami Dolphins, they get to drink the celebratory bottle of champagne early this year. Every NFL team has at-least one loss. "The Perfect Season" record is safe for another year.

No.NamePos. 1Yepremian, GaroK 7Lothridge, BillyP 11Del Gaizo, JimQB 12Griese, BobQB 13Scott, JakeS 15Morrall, EarlQB 20Seiple, LarryP-TE 21Kiick, JimRB 22Morris, MercuryRB 23Leigh, CharlesRB 25Foley, TimCB 26Mumphord, LloydCB 28Jenkins, EdRB 32Ginn, HubertRB 39Csonka, LarryRB 40Anderson, DickS 42Warfield, PaulWR 43Howell, MikeS 45Johnson, CurtisCB 48Stuckey, HenryCB 49Babb, CharlesS 51Ball, LarryLB 53Matheson, BobLB 54Kindig, HowardC-T 56Powell, JesseLB 57Kolen, MikeLB 59Swift, DougLB 60Jenkins, AlG-T 62Langer, JimC 65Moore, MaultyDT 66Little, LarryG 67Kuechenberg, BobG 68Kadish, MikeDT 70Riley, JimDE 72Heinz, BobDT 73Evans, NormT 75Fernandez, MannyDT 77Crusan, DougT 78Dunaway, JimDT 79Moore, WayneT 80Fleming, MarvTE 81Twilley, HowardWR 82Stowe, OttoWR 83Den Herder, VernDE 84Stanfill, BillDE 85Buonticonti, NickLB 86Briscoe, MarlinWR 88Mandich, JimTE 89Noonan, KarlWR

Howard Schnellenberger, who later coached the team which won the University of Miami's first national championship in football, was an assistant coach (offense) of Don Shula's.

The Dolphins beat Cleveland, Pittsburgh, and Washington, in that order in the playoffs, to win the first of two back-to-back Super Bowls.

That is a real nice record to have been "perfect". The Steelers did the back to back thing twice, 1975/ 1976 and 1979/1980; they have also won 6 super bowls, more than anyone else!
Congratulations to the 1972 Miami Dolphins, they get to drink the celebratory bottle of champagne early this year. Every NFL team has at-least one loss. "The Perfect Season" record is safe for another year.

No.NamePos. 1Yepremian, GaroK 7Lothridge, BillyP 11Del Gaizo, JimQB 12Griese, BobQB 13Scott, JakeS 15Morrall, EarlQB 20Seiple, LarryP-TE 21Kiick, JimRB 22Morris, MercuryRB 23Leigh, CharlesRB 25Foley, TimCB 26Mumphord, LloydCB 28Jenkins, EdRB 32Ginn, HubertRB 39Csonka, LarryRB 40Anderson, DickS 42Warfield, PaulWR 43Howell, MikeS 45Johnson, CurtisCB 48Stuckey, HenryCB 49Babb, CharlesS 51Ball, LarryLB 53Matheson, BobLB 54Kindig, HowardC-T 56Powell, JesseLB 57Kolen, MikeLB 59Swift, DougLB 60Jenkins, AlG-T 62Langer, JimC 65Moore, MaultyDT 66Little, LarryG 67Kuechenberg, BobG 68Kadish, MikeDT 70Riley, JimDE 72Heinz, BobDT 73Evans, NormT 75Fernandez, MannyDT 77Crusan, DougT 78Dunaway, JimDT 79Moore, WayneT 80Fleming, MarvTE 81Twilley, HowardWR 82Stowe, OttoWR 83Den Herder, VernDE 84Stanfill, BillDE 85Buonticonti, NickLB 86Briscoe, MarlinWR 88Mandich, JimTE 89Noonan, KarlWR

Howard Schnellenberger, who later coached the team which won the University of Miami's first national championship in football, was an assistant coach (offense) of Don Shula's.

The Dolphins beat Cleveland, Pittsburgh, and Washington, in that order in the playoffs, to win the first of two back-to-back Super Bowls.

That is a real nice record to have been "perfect". The Steelers did the back to back thing twice, 1975/ 1976 and 1979/1980; they have also won 6 super bowls, more than anyone else!
But the real issue is....

"Who stole Snowflake"?

Go Titans. Super Mariota is the man. I think the Titans can pull one out tonight. 23-17.

Go Titans. Super Mariota is the man. I think the Titans can pull one out tonight. 23-17.

Looks like I was way off track. Mariota not so super tonight. Still my favorite player right now.

The Patriots are low on receivers, loosing 3 of their best. Amendolla is injured too. But, Brandon Cook's, the tight end squad led by Gronk, and three of their backs that can line up wide-out make up for it all. Beside the high powered offense, special teams here are taken seriously. And the defense started to come around with Bellichick taking it over. Like Parcells always said "you are who your record says you are" Go Pat's!

The Patriots are low on receivers, loosing 3 of their best. Amendolla is injured too. But, Brandon Cook's, the tight end squad led by Gronk, and three of their backs that can line up wide-out make up for it all. Beside the high powered offense, special teams here are taken seriously. And the defense started to come around with Bellichick taking it over. Like Parcells always said "you are who your record says you are" Go Pat's!

Right on Steve! Bill, Tom and the rest of the Patriots know how to win and their matchup on December 17th with the AFC North leading Pittsburgh Steelers should be a great one to watch! The current stats looks pretty good for both teams: http://www.espn.com/nfl/game?gameId=400951812

Right on Steve! Bill, Tom and the rest of the Patriots know how to win and their matchup on December 17th with the AFC North leading Pittsburgh Steelers should be a great one to watch! The current stats looks pretty good for both teams: http://www.espn.com/nfl/game?gameId=400951812

I can't wait Brian. The AFC has the two best teams in the NFL again. IMHO.

You can't deny the eagles one of those spots at this point in the season. But i get your point. The Steelers are a completely different team at home, I think they need the 1 seed to get past New England in the playoffs. And if the chiefs come back around they can be a tough matchup for anyone. Should be some good playoff games when the time comes, as no-one has really sepparated themselves from the pack.

You can't deny the eagles one of those spots at this point in the season. But i get your point. The Steelers are a completely different team at home, I think they need the 1 seed to get past New England in the playoffs. And if the chiefs come back around they can be a tough matchup for anyone. Should be some good playoff games when the time comes, as no-one has really sepparated themselves from the pack.

You are correct. I thought about that after, the Eagles are playing lights out too. One thing for sure, It'll be interesting.

I believe so as well, the Steelers just beat Green Bay on a last second field goal from 53 yards out! It was a great game going back and forth, a spectacular catch by Antonio Brown with less than 20 seconds left gave the mighty Steelers the chance they needed to kick the game winning field goal!
GB's QB Hundley did a great job filling in for the injured Arron Rodgers, they should be good to go at QB in the future after Rodgers retires.

I'm really digging the dolphins beating up on the Pats. Hopefully they keep it up

I'm really digging the dolphins beating up on the Pats. Hopefully they keep it up

Miami is still in the race for a wildcard spot. They earned it too. I had a feeling a trap game was on the agenda. Miami is always tough at home and had an answer for the Patriot's offense last night. I'm disappointed the Pat's defense couldn't do much. Again, Miami played lights out.Hats off to coach Burke for out scheming a Bellichick offense most of the game. In fact, I'd love to see Burke here in N.E. He played high-school football here in Massachusetts. There is still lots of football left. On to Pittsburgh for N.E. Not a game to loose. This very well could be the tie breaker for home field, if we win. Go Pat's!

So playoffs are here. I think the AFC is going to be really tough for any team to make it through the Pats but I'm really rooting for the Titans, slim chance, but you never know.
I think A.B. has to be playing for the Steelers to get by the Pats but either way that could make for a great game as always.
NFC seems to be more up for grabs than it ever has. On one hand you have three quarterbacks with superbowl experience, one having a trophy, drew brees. and the other you have barely a decade of experience combined. Im thinking Carolina makes it with Cam being the ultimate x factor. But any outcome is possible. Really like the Vikings defence but don't know enough about Keenum rising up to the occasion.
So my hopes: Vikings-Titans.
My prediction: Pats- Panthers.

Woohoo! Go titans! Mariota throws a td pass to himself, that was awesome.

Latest posts

Back