Nissin masters.

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ridin Dirty

Reaction score
I'm looking to change the stock brake and clutch masters to Nissins. Can anyone advise what size's I will need, in millimeters? I'll also be adding braided lines. the calipers are stock. If I later want to change out the front brake calipers, will I need a different size brake master?

5/8" is stock bore diameter. Very close to 16mm.
16 15 or 14mm should work fine.
Smaller bore diameter = lever is easier to pull but it has to travel further to displace the same among of fluid as a larger bore diameter. Some guys say this gives you more "feel" to the brakes.
I have a 14mm dutch master. It works fine but I have to have the lever adjusted all the way out for it to work right. The clutch starts to engage/disengage when the lever is about 3/4" off the bars.
I haven't tried a 14mm master for the brakes. Some guys love them, some say you have to move the lever too far with it.

I don't know much about how radial masters would work with our calipers so I can't give you any input on those.

As far as a caliper swap goes, its hard to say without knowing what you're putting on. I've hard good things about a 14mm master and R1 calipers.

5/8" is stock bore diameter. Very close to 16mm.
16 15 or 14mm should work fine.
Smaller bore diameter = lever is easier to pull but it has to travel further to displace the same among of fluid as a larger bore diameter. Some guys say this gives you more "feel" to the brakes.
I have a 14mm dutch master. It works fine but I have to have the lever adjusted all the way out for it to work right. The clutch starts to engage/disengage when the lever is about 3/4" off the bars.
I haven't tried a 14mm master for the brakes. Some guys love them, some say you have to move the lever too far with it.

I don't know much about how radial masters would work with our calipers so I can't give you any input on those.

As far as a caliper swap goes, its hard to say without knowing what you're putting on. I've hard good things about a 14mm master and R1 calipers.

Sounds like a 15 or 16 mm is a good size.

Sounds like a 15 or 16 mm is a good size.

after you get it all set up let me know if you want to do some customizing. These are my masters that are nissen that I sent off and had chromed. I had a run of the reservoirs made!
nissinres1.jpg

Gannon

after you get it all set up let me know if you want to do some customizing. These are my masters that are nissen that I sent off and had chromed. I had a run of the reservoirs made!
nissinres1.jpg

Gannon
That looks nice, holding off on all future mods for now though.

Brian those damn pictures you have.... oops I meant babes:rofl_200:
What, you want to see new ones? But, but these were only put up a couple of days ago! I guess I'll go dig through the archive to see what I have...
Just for that, I'm gonna dedicate the next set to you Gannon!:worthy:

nissinres1.jpg

Gannon

Those reservoirs look great. I'd definitely like to get a set, when I get the new masters. Please send me the pricing.

Latest posts

Back