nitrous on the v-max

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
anybody do it?

I've heard its been done :biglaugh:

any tips?

Watch your setup, and think out your system before the install. Above all, be patient. I've got almost 28 years of running systems on cars, bikes, trucks, and snowmachines. The only time I got into trouble was when I started out about 16-years-old. I got too excited about the fun and got ahead of myself and it cost me an engine.

Now 27 years later, I haven't any engine issues that can be blamed on nitrous. Now you have all kinds if goodies, like progressive controllers. Back in the day is was just adding more solenoids and nozzles to run 2nd and 3rd stage systems and activate them with more toggles and push buttons.

Now the world is your oyster with good controllers and solenoids like the ones from The Wizards of NOS sell, these guys are beyond brilliant when it comes to nitrous systems. Look up some reading materials, google is your friend. There is planty of information out there, Its all a good read.

There are a few others that are running the stuff too. I'm sure it wont be long before they pop in with more advice.

I personally wouldn't run more than a 40 shot on a stock max with stock con. rods......I was shootin 160 into my oil cooled zook and the motor alone was makin 197 hp.....that was fun :biglaugh:

Bare in mind that the burn will be at higher temperatures with higher compression rates. Stronger pistons and rods may be a good option.

Finally getting around to installing my system on Toxic, been sitting in the garage gathering dust for a long time. Only a 40hp shot, but that will put me well on the upside of 200 rwhp so should prove fun. Going to go with the switch and throttle micro switch method to activate. Flip the switch in 3rd and get a big kick in the ass........

Finally getting around to installing my system on Toxic, been sitting in the garage gathering dust for a long time. Only a 40hp shot, but that will put me well on the upside of 200 rwhp so should prove fun. Going to go with the switch and throttle micro switch method to activate. Flip the switch in 3rd and get a big kick in the ass........

Mine has a contactor switch on the carb assembly on that round rocker part where the throttle cables are attached to. So it only activates on full throttle position and if by any chance throttle is reduced to less than full it shuts down the solenoids and interrupts the feed of NOS and auxiliary fuel...

Mine has a contactor switch on the carb assembly on that round rocker part where the throttle cables are attached to. So it only activates on full throttle position and if by any chance throttle is reduced to less than full it shuts down the solenoids and interrupts the feed of NOS and auxiliary fuel...

Have the same setup to put on Toxic. Just now getting around to doing it......:eusa_dance:

Jim, the top secret parts have the switch already installed and wired. Just got to finish it up! The manifolds are even prepped!

Jim, the top secret parts have the switch already installed and wired. Just got to finish it up! The manifolds are even prepped!

Most excellent!!! Have the solenoids and sprayers sitting by the bike now. Have the aux fuel pump sitting there are well. Sounds like things will come together.......

I've wondered about this for a while...

1....will Johnny Law hassle me about the "blue bottle" hanging off the side of the bike?

2....how much would a complete setup for an otherwise stock Max cost? Level of difficulty to install, or can you just shoot it in the carb sync ports?

3....how much use does one bottle provide, and how much does a refill cost?

1....will Johnny Law hassle me about the "blue bottle" hanging off the side of the bike?

2....how much would a complete setup for an otherwise stock Max cost? Level of difficulty to install, or can you just shoot it in the carb sync ports?

1: In NY I don't think they will, but I have a black bottle just in case.

2: Look at spending ~$1k or so in total. Install is time is a question to ask Dannymax.

3: Not enough from what I hear. Another question to ask Dan-o:eusa_dance:

1....never hassled me and there's plenty of them at the testing facility!....er, Taconic Parkway! :biglaugh:

2....gotta greate another port....not sync port....sprayers are equipt with a collar that fits in a pre-drilled hole in the manifold and bolts tight from the outside....a little red loc-tite, some gasket sealer and yer in business.

3....about 3 1/4 mile runs, give or take.....last year was $7 for a 2 1/2 lb bottle....maybe it was $7/lb. come to think of it....not sure now.

1....never hassled me and there's plenty of them at the testing facility!....er, Taconic Parkway! :biglaugh:

2....gotta greate another port....not sync port....sprayers are equipt with a collar that fits in a pre-drilled hole in the manifold and bolts tight from the outside....a little red loc-tite, some gasket sealer and yer in business.

3....about 3 1/4 mile runs, give or take.....last year was $7 for a 2 1/2 lb bottle....maybe it was $7/lb. come to think of it....not sure now.

$7.50 per pound Dan-o
beware >very addictive too :biglaugh:

Take a look

1000523c.jpg

1000576g.jpg

09042011384.jpg

09042011381.jpg

Nice bike weasel....I like the hidden nozzles behind the frame...awesome. Did you thread em' right into the sync ports ?

+1, great looking install weasel!!

I believe the sync port is the only place on the intake runners where there is enough material to cut adequate threads....unless you build up an area specifically for tapping.

What do you do when you sync? Use a Weber tool?

Attachments

• 100_2065.jpg
    100_2065.jpg
    160.9 KB · Views: 49

It is illegal according to DOT regulations to transport a compressed gas cylinder with hoses/regulator attached, or more specifically without the cap in place, although I see welders driving around all the time this way. Not sure how this is supposed to work with nitrous cylinders which don't accept a cap? are the "off-road" use only?? I htink there are some DOT rules about proper markings on the bottle too, but not sure if there is a weight cut-off on that.
Different states can make thier own rules too, generally directed at exactly what were talking about rather than general compressed gas cylinder transportation.

Around Houston when they were going after the street racing import crowd real hard HPD wrote the shit out of tickets for this as a means of hassling them when they could look in the back of an import and see the bottle hooked up and or the valve on.
My wife got stopped once when she was doing something in her 350Z that made it pretty obvious there was a "power adder" They were dissapointed when all they found was a supercharger after asking her to raise the hood and open the trunk, which she could have refused to do but didn't. She ended up getting a ticket for exhibition of accelleration.
But seriously as long as your not acting stupid in front of a cop I wouldn't worry about it.

Latest posts

Back