nitrous

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mr.maxx

Reaction score
ok folks.....ive been thinkin bout doin a nitrous. i cant afford a turbo:rofl_200:
so how mouch is it gonna cost me and is ther a single place i can source all the needed equipment? how much does the nitrous itself cost??

thanks for any input:punk:

what! yure not gonna tell me to suck up and use the search?:rofl_200:

well im gonna...... pizz on yu old buzzards.....didnt wanna discuss it with yuz anyhooooo:rofl_200:

infact just for ignoring me i gonna sell my max and buy a hardley:surprise:

I made a setup a while back, and you are going to spend $1000 to get a good functional setup, even though the "complete" kits run between $500 and $700. A 2.5 lb bottle won't last as long as you think either. Depending
how trigger happy you are, going through a few bottles a day could be possible (or even a day at the track will easily eat up a few bottles, and at $5-$7 per pound, it adds up pretty quickly)

Some simple math shows you that a turbo will pay for itself pretty easily:

Nitrous Kit $600
Additional gauges, bottles, lines, safety switches, purge solenoid, brackets and other misc. crap $250
So let's say you found a great deal and have everything you need and your nitrous is up and running for $800
Lets say you use a bottle per week - $10 per bottle X 50 weeks to keep it simple = $500 in funny gas you will never get back, and you will be paying that each year!

A turbo setup will cost you $3,000 (and maybe that isn't quite right) but that should include your exhaust, carb, intake, pretty much everything you need to get it up and running. You can sell your stock carbs for $300 to $500 depending on condition, you can sell your exhaust $300 to $500 depending on what you have. Let's say you sell those two items for $750, so now you only have $2250 out of your pocket for the turbo. In less than
5 years, you will have paid for the turbo (since you didn't have to buy gas), you will always have the power available (never have to worry about an empty tank), you will always have the boost, and don't have to worry about a cold tank, and low tank pressure.

I'm not trying to turn you away from nitrous... it is a BLAST, and it is pretty cool to roll up to a stoplight and hit the purge button... get a lotta looks!
But for your only reason to shy away from the turbo is cost, you may want to re-think that. Feel free to give me a call if you have any questions, I did document my nitrous build... search for "Morleys Muscle Nitrous" and you should find it.

Jeff
3I9-46I-8969

Ok, I will answer just to keep you from buying a Hardley! I don't have a clue what the setup would cost, but I wouldn't think it would be more than $600. I would assume that you will be installing it yourself, so brackets and mounts would have to be fabricated. Searching this site will show a lot of peoples setups and do's/dont's. Refilling the bottles is pretty cheap, especially the smaller size ones that would be used on a bike. Hoped this helped you to not sell the Max!

I made a setup a while back, and you are going to spend $1000 to get a good functional setup, even though the "complete" kits run between $500 and $700. A 2.5 lb bottle won't last as long as you think either. Depending
how trigger happy you are, going through a few bottles a day could be possible (or even a day at the track will easily eat up a few bottles, and at $5-$7 per pound, it adds up pretty quickly)

Some simple math shows you that a turbo will pay for itself pretty easily:

Nitrous Kit $600
Additional gauges, bottles, lines, safety switches, purge solenoid, brackets and other misc. crap $250
So let's say you found a great deal and have everything you need and your nitrous is up and running for $800
Lets say you use a bottle per week - $10 per bottle X 50 weeks to keep it simple = $500 in funny gas you will never get back, and you will be paying that each year!

A turbo setup will cost you $3,000 (and maybe that isn't quite right) but that should include your exhaust, carb, intake, pretty much everything you need to get it up and running. You can sell your stock carbs for $300 to $500 depending on condition, you can sell your exhaust $300 to $500 depending on what you have. Let's say you sell those two items for $750, so now you only have $2250 out of your pocket for the turbo. In less than
5 years, you will have paid for the turbo (since you didn't have to buy gas), you will always have the power available (never have to worry about an empty tank), you will always have the boost, and don't have to worry about a cold tank, and low tank pressure.

I'm not trying to turn you away from nitrous... it is a BLAST, and it is pretty cool to roll up to a stoplight and hit the purge button... get a lotta looks!
But for your only reason to shy away from the turbo is cost, you may want to re-think that. Feel free to give me a call if you have any questions, I did document my nitrous build... search for "Morleys Muscle Nitrous" and you should find it.

Jeff
3I9-46I-8969

For a bit over $1000 you can get a nitrous pump, scales & tank lease.
I'm trying to encourage you.
It's a pain getting tanks filled.

interesting info........thanks. i luv my maxx but i would really luv it with about 40 or 50 more HP!! ill try n save sum doh and ponder it over. just imagine how sweet a max with a turbo and fuel injection on top of of a morley muscle engine would be!!!! oo my!!! shoud hit 200 hp easy enuff!!:worthy: hmmm maybe il sell my jeep:rofl_200::rofl_200:

i just bought a kit for my bike, it came with a 2 lb bottle.
my question is where is everybody mounting their bottles?
need some ideas please...pics?

i thought about buying( 2) 10oz bottles and mounting them to my frame braces, but i know i will be constantly filling them.

i think what a lot of guys do too, bill, is to buy a 20 lbs tank and fill up at the house.

not helping your original question am i.

I fancy this setup:

A4a.jpg

Back