No Compression HELP

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rhoke

Reaction score
Hi everyone. I have a serious issue might be a first for some of you as it definitely is for me. I just rebuilt my entire motor split cases and all so new bearings and the whole deal. I had to set the crank using the #1 tdc and water pump window for the balancer, as my engine did not have the white dot to go off of on the crank. Well any how I got it all together the other night and checked my compression and the two rear cylinders are good 200-210psi( i do have high comp piston so this is right). Thats the only good news Front two cylinders read 0 yes ZERO barely even flickers the compression tester needle. I even change heads, set valve lash several times loose and tight, re-did my timiing over and over and still ZERO. Any help what I may have done wrong I AM COMPLETELY LOST HELP!!!!!

Thanks Roy

Do ya have timing marks on your flywheel? Ya need to turn it over one complete revolution + 70 degrees to get the #2 on tdc. I missed that one on mine but found it before hurting the front cylinders. My exhaust cam was 180 out. It's a bear to re-time with it in the chassis but was possible. I had run the motor around a few times with a socket before putting the valve covers on and thought it was good but I fuxxed up. I hate narcing myself off on this forum but if it helps you, it's all good. Hope you get it going.

Roy, sorry to hear this. Do you have a leak down tester? Harbor Freight has one for under $40 and will tell you exactly where you are losing compression.

Hey, you can make a leak down tester real easy if you have a compression tester. Get a quick connect that fits your compression tester hose in place of your guage. Screw a male quick connect nipple into it that fits your compressor air hose. Remove the Schrader Valve from your compression tester hose and there you have it, you can now hook up air from your compressor to your motor. I use the pressure regulator and cut it down to about 10-15 psi. Works pretty good and doesn't cost too much at all. Heck, you probably have all the pieces in the shop to do it.

Well I am officially an idiot I was using all small hole timing marks on the cams to do both front and back. Not the big holes for the front as I was supposed to got back together and approx 200-205psi for all four pistons. Off to sturgis tonight like I had hoped. Thanks to all of the response I needed some insight. Roy

Back