No high beam on cybermax unit after LED upgrade

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cn4366

Reaction score
Just put 55w h3 LED bulbs in my Max, low beam works, one bulb lights as it should, when I switch on the high beam the indicator light comes on but I get nothing out of either bulb. Do these have a relay that I need a load equalizer for or does the dimmer switch not play nice with leds?? Bulbs tested fine on a standalone battery.

Last edited:
Ended up being a break in the ground wire, one of the lights apparently was only going to work intermittently. Almost ripped my hair out on this one.

Broken ground wire? For the hi beam only? H3 is a 3 wire bulb. 1 ground shared for hi and lo beam. How did a broken ground only affect the hi side and not the low? Usually when you see vehicles running around with one really dim light and the other bright, this is a result of a bad ground. Was this what you had?

These are 1 wire. Grounded by a wire to the housing that feeds into an h4, then there's a wire between both bulbs for high beam. The low beam worked when high beam wasn't plugged in. It was intermittent so a pita to track down haha

Broken ground wire? For the hi beam only? H3 is a 3 wire bulb. 1 ground shared for hi and lo beam. How did a broken ground only affect the hi side and not the low? Usually when you see vehicles running around with one really dim light and the other bright, this is a result of a bad ground. Was this what you had?

These are 1 wire. Grounded by a wire to the housing that feeds into an h4, then there's a wire between both bulbs for high beam. The low beam worked when high beam wasn't plugged in. It was intermittent so a pita to track down haha

Ah...My mistake. Gotcha now. I had my bulbs confused, LOL.

Back