No power after attempted jumpstart

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zaos

Reaction score
Hi, i have a 89 Vmax, The battery is dying and I decided to try and jumpstart it with my car, unfortunately i mustve messed up somewhere as instead of turning the bike on it turned it off completely, i am getting no lights no power nothing at all as if it didnt have a battery. So I assumed a fuse popped, I look at the manual which states the main 30A fuse should be under my seat, I go to check and, IMG_7076.jpg
There is no main fuse box, there is however a 30a fuse line, i figured ok weird wiring but that 30a mustve popped. However It did not, I checked the other fuse box and no fuses are popped there either. I need some serious help now as I have no idea whats wrong.

We can all guess at the problem and we may strike lucky.....or not.

You will need a wiring diagram for your bike, preferably in colour, a decent battery and a multi-meter.
Starting at the battery you then need to work through the system to establish where you stop getting power.

We can all guess at the problem and we may strike lucky.....or not.

You will need a wiring diagram for your bike, preferably in colour, a decent battery and a multi-meter.
Starting at the battery you then need to work through the system to establish where you stop getting power.
Used a Multimeter on the current battery, it read 0 volts, Checked the meter and it seems to be working fine, Could this just be that I completely destroyed the battery and thats the issue? I wouldnt have a colored diagram of the wiring

VMax USA 85-89 wiring.png
VMax USA 85-89 wiring lower.03.png

As you suspect, the battery's shot.

Attachments

• VMax USA 85-89 wiring.02.png
    VMax USA 85-89 wiring.02.png
    2.3 MB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Back