No Power to Fuel Pump

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zitzelbj

Reaction score
I have searched the threads with no luck. I know the answer is there but can't find it. My bike started fine ran for about a half mile and died. I pulled
over and let it sit for about ten minutes and she fired right back up again and then died again about a half mile. I trailered it got it home and she fired again. I replaced the fuel pump as it was only
20 bucks on e-bay and since its a 2000 I figured it was due. Now I have no power to the fuel pump.
[zitzelbj] 8:58 am: I replaced the fuel relay as I had an extra and it only shows input on the power line side not the load side. I've read things about it could be the reserve switch, etc... but before I
start down that rabbit hole I was wondering if anyone has run into this and where I should start. I checked the fuses but not the master. Everything lights up and with power to the lineside of the
relay I don't think its the master fuse:bang head:

Check your fuses....I had this exact problem, the fuses looked fine but the contact spades had a fine layer of grey corrosion, a little di-grease, cleaned the spades up and not a problem since. There's a 10A fuse for the fuel pump, neutral light, signal lights (and maybe something else) in the fuse box.

Thanks Beekeeper and Dannymax. I cleaned the fuses and while the bike was charging, disassembled the housing over the throttle and cleaned the reserve switch. Put it all back together, turned the key and click click click went the pump. let her charge a bit longer, put everything back together and she fired right up. The new pump took some breaking in as it was running a little rough or different but after a bit she smoothed right out. Can't wait to ride tonight.
Thanks for the help on this.

Hey there Dannymax,

We have moved from Syracuse to WestPoint Utah. There are a Maxers here but I only see them on bike rides and only the bigger ones. I need to try and set up a Max rally.

well not out of the woods yet. I ran her for quite abit last night and awesome. Pulled the front wheel up a couple of times with the vboost and just like the good ole days. This morning she started cold blooded as always but then I put the choke about half way and she died. Then she took forever to catch again would run for a bit and then no matter if I was working the throttle or not, die again. Super hard to get back running again and once she did the same thing throttle down and die. Don't even know where to start with this one.

Thinking fuel filter now. At least a cheap trouble shoot. maybe when the fuel pump gave it up it filled the filter with crud. She will run but barely, like its not getting enough fuel or getting choked out.

Latest posts

Back