No power to instrument pod/cluster

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reved

Reaction score
On the the way into work today I noticed I lost power to my instrument pod/cluster and blinkers. :bang head: At lunch I'm going to go out and look at it. The question I'm asking is, are they on a seperate fuse? I remember there being two 30amp fuses, but is there another and if so, where? Left scoop?

Thanks guys.

PS cool ride this morning +1C

The main 30 amp fuse is on the battery.The rest are under the fake tank cover on the left side.There should be a spare in there.I had a turn signal short out once and when it blew the fuse the fuel pump would quit and the bike would stall out.

Remove faux cover, left scoop and 3 screws holding electrical cover on. Just let it hang. Remove top of air box and remove two nuts holding cluster on. Turn key on and give it a good wiggle and see if it flickers. I had the same problem, stock connectors are crap. There are two connectors for the cluster, I removed the plastic connectors and just manually plugged the wires together and taped it really good with electrical tape.

Mark

The main 30 amp fuse is on the battery.The rest are under the fake tank cover on the left side.There should be a spare in there.I had a turn signal short out once and when it blew the fuse the fuel pump would quit and the bike would stall out.

Blinkers horn and half the pod are the 1st 10amp fuse from the front of the bike. There are a 15, 10, 10 and a 5.

Remove faux cover, left scoop and 3 screws holding electrical cover on. Just let it hang. Remove top of air box and remove two nuts holding cluster on. Turn key on and give it a good wiggle and see if it flickers. I had the same problem, stock connectors are crap. There are two connectors for the cluster, I removed the plastic connectors and just manually plugged the wires together and taped it really good with electrical tape.

Mark

Thanks for asking me to remove the left scoop because this allowed me to see the melted horn wire that cause the fuse to blow!

Thanks guys :cheers: Aren't forums great!

Latest posts

Back