No start flywheel won't budge stripped puller losing fight

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tddaniel11

Reaction score
Thought I'd attempt starter clutch stripped bolts 2x on 3rd set now grade 8 stripped puller have starter clutch replacement need a pro now Las Vegas too old to keep fighting

Attachments

• IMG_20220715_201539874.jpg
    IMG_20220715_201539874.jpg
    155.5 KB · Views: 0
Thought I'd attempt starter clutch stripped bolts 2x on 3rd set now grade 8 stripped puller have starter clutch replacement need a pro now Las Vegas too old to keep fighting
How are you turning the puller bolt?
A quick burst from an impact ,pneumatic or electric is key with just about any puller configuration.

No impact tool just ratchet
Just did it week ago. Pain in the butt. 1. Very precise even position of puller. 2. Steady, slow, with brakes 10-20 min screwing. 3. Hit hard from time to time puller bolt with heavy hammer. When i already was pissed of - evil thing popped out. Use 1-2 meter extension tube for the wrench!
There are a few videos on youtube how to do it correctly. Most important to strike it in correct time. There is better puller on Amazon - round one! Now i screwed a gasket, and waiting for replacement. Probaply overtighten it. Have questions call me on skype Achizov.

Very important to put it on stand under you engine guards. You can brake sidestand - extremely strong forces infolved.

Make a modified puller and use it. It works. I know this to be true.
No need for brute force.
Indeed, sometimes you need a stronger puller than the ones in a generic puller kit so you have to make your own. Hopefully I'll never have to do this on a Vmax but below is a puller I made to pull off the steering arm from a Land Rover steering box.... and yes, it took a hell of a long time drilling/sawing it but the arm popped off effortlessly.

1658326727697.jpeg

Back