Noisehush N800 headset

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KJShover

Proud Vmax lover
Reaction score
Wanting to keep in touch with home, while I'm riding, I went on the hunt for a bluetooth headset to put on my helmet. Being on a budget and having the need to pay for tuition, I was looking for something inexpensive. After googling for an afternoon, I found Noisehush's N800.

At under $50 ( $38 here ) I found my choice. Looking for reviews, I didn't find a whole lot, but decided to buy anyway.

Unpacking
All came in a nice little box. Nicely packed and straight forward.

N800_10688_p_500x500.jpg

Contained in the package was:
  • Instruction manual
  • The N800 module
  • Microphone/speaker
  • Charger
  • USB cable (for charging via computer)
  • Various velcro bits for mounting
  • Little pucks for mounting the mic/speaker

D_N800_10688_500x500.jpg

The N800 unit and mic/speaker combo are really straight forward. Mount the N800 and connect the mic/speaker via the pre-connected USB interface.

A_N800_10688_500x500.jpg

Installation

I'm not big on velco. I'm sure it would work fine, but I get paranoid about things falling off my bike. What I used was extra strength mounting tape to mount the N800 unit to the outside of my helmet, threaded the USB interface behind the cheek piece and mounted the mic/speaker to it's place.

The unit comes with a little puck that you can pull apart to get better fitment of the speaker. Mine fit nicely without using them. I stuck one of the velcro pieces to the back of the speaker and using gorilla glue, I attached the other piece of velcro to the inside of my helmet (no fear of anything falling out/off in this area) and used a couple of binder clips to hold it until it set.

After everything dried, I put in the mic/speaker. I had to flip up the front of my helmet and move it around a little to get comfortable, but that was simple enough. The microphone is attached to a nice and flexible, yet firm, boom and the mic has a nice, foam, windscreen on it.
I'm almost ready to go. I plugged in the charger and as Emril would say "BAM!" 2 hours later it was fully charged and good to go.

P1030762.jpg

P1030765.jpg

Features

Surprisingly enough, for being so inexpensive, the unit has some nice features
  • Water resistant
  • Latest bluetooth technology
  • Anti-wind noise and anti-echo (DSP) technology
  • Intercom feature that lets you talk with another headset up to 30' away
  • One button to answer calls
  • can sync with two headsets or headset and phone

The Setup

Setup was as easy as it comes (well not really).
What you do is press the large button (MFB - Multi-function button) and hold it for a few seconds. You will see a LED on the N800 unit flash blue then red. Then I set my phone (razr v.3) to look for blue tooth devices.

After finding the headset, my phone prompted me for a 4 digit, PIN/Password for the headset. In the instruction manual the PIN/PW is listed as "1234". Once again, easy enough. But, after inputting the "1234", My phone gave me the "wong password" notification. After redoing the setup steps a few times to make sure I was doing it right, I still got the wrong password. So just for the hell of it, I typed in "0000" the next time I was prompted for a password. What do you know, it took it. I was now connected to the N800.

Operation

I went out for a ride and had my dad call me. While out and about I heard the phone ring. I reached up and hit the MFB and began talking to my dad.
Volume wise it was pretty weak, But after a few taps on the "+" button, I could hear my dad crystal clear. I should note, that my bike isn't what you call quiet nor is my KBC-FFR, modular helmet. But, I could hear just fine.
Making a call was just as easy, I hit a button on my phone and when prompted for a command, I said "Call Dad", I got the confirmation reply and the call was placed.

Wrapping it up

I'm loving this thing, Its nice to know that when I go out riding and if there is an emergency, I'm in touch. Not having to listen to voicemail that took place hours earlier, of course the under $50 price tag including shipping, goes without saying, and the super easy install.

If I were to have to rate this product, I'd give it a 8/10. Its well made, the instructions were straight forward. I'm knocking the 2 points off because I think some padding around the speaker (its not uncomfortable at all) would have made the comfort even better and help block out what noise does get through the helmet and the last point because of the wrong PIN/PW that was in the instruction manual.

Great write-up. I may get one also. :biglaugh:

will it play music off your phone too?

i have a sena myself and love it.

It might, I didn't see anything about it in the instructions. My phone only uses clips of .mp3's as ringtones.

haha that kind of defeats the purpose then i guess! i actually have a32 gig card in my phone and (gasp) legally download my music thru amazon mp3.

haha that kind of defeats the purpose then i guess! i actually have a32 gig card in my phone and (gasp) legally download my music thru amazon mp3.

lol, I don't have anything in my memory slot. Its a Razr v.3 (the older flip model), I'm thinking of adding a 16g mini card, for pics and video.
I'm not mated to my phone, like 99% of the people up here. for $100/year, I get 800 minutes and that's it. I don't text, or web surf with it. No need to, so its not on my plan. As long as I'm in touch with my home that's all that matters to me. I just checked, almost on month number 8 and I still have over 730 mins left :biglaugh:.

Latest posts

Back