Noisey when warm!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

srx2002

Reaction score
Hello, I have a question...Not sure if I should be worried or not...but I noticed today that when the engine is warm ( after a short ride ) I notice a noise in what appears to be the valve train. It sounds like it's coming from the front left cylinder... strange thing is that when the bike is cold, I don't hear it.

it's an 06, with just over 5100 Kms.

You guys think the valves need to be done already?

P.S I'm the same guy who posted that I over-revved it one day to the point that the rev limiter cut in... Not sure if that would have anything to do with it or not.

Any ideas?

Hello, I have a question...Not sure if I should be worried or not...but I noticed today that when the engine is warm ( after a short ride ) I notice a noise in what appears to be the valve train. It sounds like it's coming from the front left cylinder... strange thing is that when the bike is cold, I don't hear it.

it's an 06, with just over 5100 Kms.

You guys think the valves need to be done already?

P.S I'm the same guy who posted that I over-revved it one day to the point that the rev limiter cut in... Not sure if that would have anything to do with it or not.

Any ideas?

4Sure have the valves set first before worrying about anything! Have you had the scheduled breakin services performed yet???

:cheers:

Neil

What does the noise sound like? Or if possible, get a recording of it and attach it to your message.

Back