not a record but cold

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I'll tell ya KJ - no more whinning here about the weather - it's cold here, but nowhere near that f'ing cold.

Mike

Well I'll tell ya KJ - no more whinning here about the weather - it's cold here, but nowhere near that f'ing cold.

Mike

Think we may have hit that here a couple of years ago, with the wind chill was -60C, was a time to stay indoors because of the warnings about instant frostbite to exposed skin.

There's cold, and then there is F'ING cold...... think this qualifies as the latter.

Ahh but in 2010, the weather will be perfect. :clapping: we will be riding by Tok and the windy Delta Junction on our way into Fairbanks. I guarantee scenery. I'm just hoping the trip in from Whitehorse will have good weather. Otherwise its going to be a long 600 miles.

Yes this week's gonna get so cold there's no way 82ndCowboy will be seen on his bike any evening.. :rofl_200:

On Tuesday night it'll almost be freezing!! :snow:

Attachments

• Picture 2.jpg
    Picture 2.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 8
The coldest I have ever seen is -25F. It was a fluke and no one had proper clothing and the heating systems were not adequate. Couldn't take more than a few minutes outside. Your nose would run then freeze on your lip and chin. Icicles were forming INSIDE the house. No one could pay me enough to live in those conditions for any length of time.

I'm sure KJ can attest to the fact that life goes on even at -30. I have been x-country skiing in 0 degree weather many times, and yes, my breath froze on my beard and mustache. (ok, ok, so it's been a few years since I been out on a regular basis)
It all comes down to being prepared for the weather. I carry insulated bib overalls, warm gloves, buckle up boots, balacava, insulated jacket in a bag that travels with me all winter. Oh, and I also keep several moving pads and a couple old wool blankets in the back of the truck for extreme emergencies.
One of my friends has celebrated his birhtday (end of Feb~) at a remote lake with 20 or so friends. It is about 12 miles from the nearest plowed road and we have to ride snowmobiles to get there. There is a big fire, windbreak if needed, but we go no matter the conditions. We did get kinda lost in a blinding snowstorm one year but it's always great fun. Lots of beer and booze, and since it's his 50th this year there is talk of getting a stripper to come out there. I wanna be there to see the girl get talked into that! Me thinks it's gonna be $$$$$. lol

Does anybody know the origin of the saying....."Freeze the balls on a brass monkey?"

It's a valid expression that has logical roots....................anyone know where it came from?

I'll post the answer later if no one else does. :biglaugh:

Back