not important hindle question...

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ghostntheshell

Reaction score
My friends father has a dual hindle set up - which apparently is no longer produced. He said it the diameter was huge too.

Does anyone have this out-of-production setup?
Hearing it was what convinced me I needed a Vmax.
It is deep, loud, and sounds like a stock car.
Just curious if anyone knows the set I am talking about...

annnnd he won't sell it to me :p (it's on an 85 Vmax he is selling, high KM's, comes with nitro, some dampener, drag bars, - and he wants the exhaust to stay cause it's a great selling feature :)
________
RC171

Last edited:
Get a picture if you can. I believe you are talking about hindle slip-ons. We had a set of the original curb feelers and I have a rebadged set on hand right now (not labled as HIndles but that is what they are.)

It is possible that it could be an old hindle dual but I haven't seen one yet. I do have one 4-1 big tube hindle on hand that we are going to have soon. It's getting coated black as we speak.

I do have a 4-2 used UFO system too. No guts so it's loud. I will be getting it coated when the Hindle is done.

Sean

I will get pictures of it next time. I can't see this as being a slip on - as the original owner had deep pockets and only wanted the best - BUT I could be wrong :)
I will get pics in about a week or so.
________
vapir oxygen

Last edited:
They could just be Hindle cans on another 4-2 header setup... Like Marks or something...

Chris

Hindle once made an exhaust that was a 4-2 setup or a 4-1 set up it came with all the pipes to change it yourself,hindle is easy to change with the springs holding it together.This as been out of production for a long time.Hope this helps.

Hindles 4-2 was simply and adapter that changed thier 4-1 with a different mid-pipe. I guess you can call it a 4-2 but it was mostly for looks. It has been discontinued for a very long time.

Sean

Hindles 4-2 was simply and adapter that changed thier 4-1 with a different mid-pipe. I guess you can call it a 4-2 but it was mostly for looks. It has been discontinued for a very long time.

Sean

I believe I saw one of these on an old beat up max sitting outside of a bar near my house. Looked like a typical hindle setup with both fronts coming over to the right side of the frame but then once it got by the passenger pegs it split up and had two mufflers:confused2: Never seen a max exhaust like that before. ANYWHERE. I coulda swore it had cans that were badged holeshot though.... Some kind of wierd name on the cans for the system and holeshot below the name in smaller print. black and yellow badge.

Cans looked great. rest of the piped looked like its been thru hell. coating was coming off a good bit in many places

Well, I will have to got pics now for sure! I'll be down there in bout a week.

Maybe I can get him to start it up too and grab a video of the sound.
________
Ford Boss engine

Last edited:
The older Holeshots were indeed rebadged hindles.

Here's a crappy shot of a custom dual muffler setup.

Sean

Attachments

• Luke 2.jpg
    Luke 2.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 23

Sean

Yeah, I've only seen one. Paul Czernics had one at Thunder. Sounded great.

Can't say much about this dual Hindle set-up (never seen or heard one), but my Hindle 4-1 w/ Two Bros. C-4 sounds awesome. :worthy:It really is a great sounding and performing exhaust system, but the ground clearance totally sucks!:damn angry: Don't even think of lowering your bike if you have this system. You can see pics of what will happen in my project thread. :bang head: Even though a 4-1 probably makes the most power, I still prefer the looks of a 4-2 enough that I'll sacrifice a few ponies for it.

Latest posts

Back