not rolling with clutch pulled in

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

serrow

Reaction score
Curious if you think this could be an isssue that could be resolved with a good clutch bleed.

bike fell over, broke the clutch handle, and I then replaced it.

Bike now does not like to roll with engine off while i pull in the clutch. did i mix up air into the system?

Curious if you think this could be an isssue that could be resolved with a good clutch bleed.

bike fell over, broke the clutch handle, and I then replaced it.

Bike now does not like to roll with engine off while i pull in the clutch. did i mix up air into the system?

Anything is possible when you drop a bike. Replacing the
fluid and pulling a vacuum can go a long way. What does it do when you start it? Jerk forward?

theres a little bit of a jerk, nothing thats ever bothered me. it hasnt increased since she fell over.

anyone got a good step by step link for bleeding the clutch?

Get a Mityvac.

Remove rubber cover on left side covering bleed valve. Attach Mityvac. Remove master cylinder cover and rubber diaphragm.

1) Pump a dozen times to build vacuum.
2) Open bleeder valve.
3) When the fluid exiting to the container starts slowing down, close the valve.
4) Pump the clutch lever a couple of times
5) Refill reservoir with new fluid if necessary. You don't want to completely empty the reservoir otherwise you'll introduce a lot of air into the system and it'll take longer to bleed.

Repeat until fluid exiting to Mityvac is clear and clean.

Mark

I have the same problem ever since mine rolled off the kickstand a while back. Bleeding did nothing but Doesn't seem to drag while running though :ummm:

Was fine for a year and a half. Now yesterday after some light hwy driving I got stuck in 5th gear. Very hard to shift now.

Latest posts

Back