not wanting to start

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ImCannibal

Reaction score
So I rode it the last few days with no issue.
This morning it started acting like I was having a fuel issue.
It started with the choke no problem and died after I turned the choke off and blipped the throttle. It continued to turn over but wouldn't start again. I cycled the killswitch to see if my bowls ran dry, no clicks from the pump so I assumed that wasn't an issue. Tried a few more times with and without choke, no dice. Gave it a little starter fluid and it started for about 10 seconds then died with throttle again. Cycled the killswitch again and got 15-20 pump clicks, still turns over but won't start, acts like it wants to though.
Could it be my fuel pump?
I'll check my plugs after work but they have 260 miles on them, I doubt they're the issue.

So I rode it the last few days with no issue.
This morning it started acting like I was having a fuel issue.
It started with the choke no problem and died after I turned the choke off and blipped the throttle. It continued to turn over but wouldn't start again. I cycled the killswitch to see if my bowls ran dry, no clicks from the pump so I assumed that wasn't an issue. Tried a few more times with and without choke, no dice. Gave it a little starter fluid and it started for about 10 seconds then died with throttle again. Cycled the killswitch again and got 15-20 pump clicks, still turns over but won't start, acts like it wants to though.
Could it be my fuel pump?
I'll check my plugs after work but they have 260 miles on them, I doubt they're the issue.
Open the fuel bowl screws and see if gas come out the drain holes.
Just in case- this is a great price with a lifetime warranty----

http://www.ebay.com/itm/261965637189?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

Plugged fuel filter? Plugged fuel pick up tube in the bottom of your tank? It may also be that your fuel pump, itself, has it's tiny black rubber diaphragms BOTH dislodged from their proper positions at the same time. This wouldn't allow it to move any fuel. It takes only minutes to remove & disassemble a Vmax fuel pump to verify the condition of it's diaphragms.

Or, you may be out of gas.

Plugged fuel filter? Plugged fuel pick up tube in the bottom of your tank? It may also be that your fuel pump, itself, has it's tiny black rubber diaphragms BOTH dislodged from their proper positions at the same time. This wouldn't allow it to move any fuel. It takes only minutes to remove & disassemble a Vmax fuel pump to verify the condition of it's diaphragms.

Or, you may be out of gas.
You can actually put a spring on those 2 diaphragms to keep them from flipping over.

just went through that nutroll, got gas somewhere that was contaminated, it fouled the plugs where one was not firing and two were intermittent, soundled like a semiauto rifle going of in three pipes, then it would not start. Put it on the battery charger whilst cleaning jets, found oil in the fuel bowls, had to come from a gas pump, that fouled the plugs, put the battery back in fired it up and have put sixty or seventy miles on it with no problem. now my oil level and low fuel bulbs are not getting power. another project for another day, just like an old woman but fun to ride.

Battery voltage? Almost sounds like it isn't charging and used your voltage. When they start running low they almost seem like it's mis firing like a fuel problem.

Battery voltage? Almost sounds like it isn't charging and used your voltage. When they start running low they almost seem like it's mis firing like a fuel problem.
That's funny because today I put a 1985 fuel pump on and it was slow to click- then I put a new fuel pump on and it clicked like crazy. Neither hooked to a fuel line so both ran constantly. Same bike-same battery.

Latest posts

Back