Nothing to see here......move along

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Traumahawk

Reaction score
Yep, this really isnt covered this year.

CHICAGO (CBS) — Susie Sallee was buried in 1998. Yet records show she voted in Chicago 12 years later.

Victor Crosswell died in 1994, but records show he’s voted six times since then.

And then there’s Floyd Stevens. Records show he’s voted 11 times since his death in 1993.

“It’s crazy,” Sharon Stevens Anderson, Stevens’ daughter, tells CBS 2’s Pam Zekman. “I don’t see how people can be able to do something like that and get away with it.”

http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2016/10...go-voters-cast-ballots-from-beyond-the-grave/

Here's more from the story...

In all, the analysis showed 119 dead people have voted a total of 229 times in Chicago in the last decade.

Jim Allen, a city election board spokesman, says a majority of those dead voters were most likely clerical errors, involving family members with the same names and addresses.

“This is not the bad old days,” Allen says. “There are just a few instances here where a father came in for a son, or a neighbor was given the wrong ballot application and signed it.”

But in some cases, there was no clear explanation.

Take Tadeusz Ciesla. Records show he voted in 2010.

But his nephew Marek Ciesla says that’s impossible because he died in 1998.

“That’s a fraud,” he says.

There is fraud in some cases but given Cook county which includes Chicago has a few million voters it's most likely would not make any difference in a national election. Local elections, yes. Should the voter rolls be purged of dead people, yes.

Who ever wins of losses the upcoming election it won't be because of fraud. (Just my opinion, free free to have your own)

In all, the analysis showed 119 dead people have voted a total of 229 times in Chicago in the last decade.

Jim Allen, a city election board spokesman, says a majority of those dead voters were most likely clerical errors, involving family members with the same names and addresses.

“This is not the bad old days,” Allen says. “There are just a few instances here where a father came in for a son, or a neighbor was given the wrong ballot application and signed it.”

There is fraud in some cases but given Cook county which includes Chicago has a few million voters it's most likely would not make any difference in a national election. Local elections, yes. Should the voter rolls be purged of dead people, yes.

Who ever wins of losses the upcoming election it won't be because of fraud. (Just my opinion, free free to have your own)

No, 119 dead people voting wouldn't make any difference, of course those are only the dead voters they identified, good chance there are hundreds, if not thousands of other types of voter fraud that haven't been discovered yet....and I'll bet that's the way Trump will look at it.

Very good case for recalling the whole damn election!

One of the arguments from the left on NOT NEEDING/NOT WANTING voter ID's, is the fact that fraud doesnt exist. Well apparently it does.

One of the issues that I have, is that there are people out there that have such a HATRED of Trump (and conservatives in general) is they they say, the end justifies the means.......so to keep a conservative out of office, They will do ANYTHING, and the end justifies the means, and the left is fine with it.

Also.....the 119 (so far) were probably not all in the same district, so its spread around and all it takes is 1 vote to win the district.

Attachments

• 9489bd04fd26debb99f9ed11b3a8dac1.jpg
    9489bd04fd26debb99f9ed11b3a8dac1.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 21
  • 72a3c73d36e2751d7ae2f73d487e7609.jpg
    72a3c73d36e2751d7ae2f73d487e7609.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 20
One of the arguments from the left on NOT NEEDING/NOT WANTING voter ID's, is the fact that fraud doesnt exist. Well apparently it does.

One of the issues that I have, is that there are people out there that have such a HATRED of Trump (and conservatives in general) is they they say, the end justifies the means.......so to keep a conservative out of office, They will do ANYTHING, and the end justifies the means, and the left is fine with it.

I don't think they say it doesn't exist, just that it's not as rampant as the right tends to paint it. I think there are a lot of gaps in the integrity of our elections and the voting booths for sure. When you look at some of the voting machines some districts use it's downright scary how badly designed they are -- it's as if the person designing the machine was trying to make it as vulnerable to fraud as possible.

Machines in some districts of Pennsylvania for example can only provide totals... if you wanted it to spit out reports of individual votes, it can't do it. How does a design flaw like that even get approved? It's crazy. My biggest fear of where fraud happens is on the backend. I know some voting machines they take the data off them and upload them to get tallied. I'm skeptical of the servers/backend that these machines are uploading to -- if I was going to commit fraud -- that's where I would do it. Fewer eyes on that process.

Fraud isn't exclusive to one political party though. There was a just a case recently where a lady got caught in Iowa for voter fraud(she voted for Trump twice). But it also could be argued its a testament to Iowa's system working and catching it.

I'm fine with voter ID as long as states provide them from free for those that don't have a driver's license.

I don't think they say it doesn't exist, just that it's not as rampant as the right tends to paint it. I think there are a lot of gaps in the integrity of our elections and the voting booths for sure. When you look at some of the voting machines some districts use it's downright scary how badly designed they are -- it's as if the person designing the machine was trying to make it as vulnerable to fraud as possible.

Machines in some districts of Pennsylvania for example can only provide totals... if you wanted it to spit out reports of individual votes, it can't do it. How does a design flaw like that even get approved? It's crazy. My biggest fear of where fraud happens is on the backend. I know some voting machines they take the data off them and upload them to get tallied. I'm skeptical of the servers/backend that these machines are uploading to -- if I was going to commit fraud -- that's where I would do it. Fewer eyes on that process.

Fraud isn't exclusive to one political party though. There was a just a case recently where a lady got caught in Iowa for voter fraud(she voted for Trump twice). But it also could be argued its a testament to Iowa's system working and catching it.

I'm fine with voter ID as long as states provide them from free for those that don't have a driver's license.
Nothing is Free.....If they are free then what about the money to pay the wages and salaries of the people that hand out the "Free" voter ID cards? Unfortunately Free really means.....someone else is paying the bill.

The thing that I find funny, is that you have to show an ID to buy beer, or to cash a check. Now, the left has said that having someone show an ID to vote is the equivalent to a poll tax, because it cost money to get an ID.

In Oklahoma it is 20 dollars to get an ID, and you can do it with with you SSN (which your supposed to have anyways). In Texas......its only 16 dollars....

The thing that people dont think of when you have dead people voting (the argument given is that its not wide spread enough, and it cant influence a major election). All it takes is one vote to win the district. With that you influence the city council, and mayor races. 1 vote wins the district, and that affects the state legislature. That also affects the electoral collage.....because we dont do a popular vote in this country.

The reason I say free is because when it comes to driving and beer and such as you mention -- those aren't constitutional rights. Voting is -- therefore if you're requiring ID for a constitutional right then you have to make it free IMO. So yes, that means tax payers would pay for it since I suspect most people who don't have ID are probably elderly/in poverty. As as tax payer I'd much rather my tax money going to ensure the integrity of our election process.

I completely agree any fraud in the election process is too much fraud. No argument there from me. I feel the left is guilty of trivializing it.

The reason I say free is because when it comes to driving and beer and such as you mention -- those aren't constitutional rights. Voting is -- therefore if you're requiring ID for a constitutional right then you have to make it free IMO. So yes, that means tax payers would pay for it since I suspect most people who don't have ID are probably elderly/in poverty. As as tax payer I'd much rather my tax money going to ensure the integrity of our election process.

I completely agree any fraud in the election process is too much fraud. No argument there from me. I feel the left is guilty of trivializing it.

+1 on all points.

Back