November Mod Monkey of the Month Contest

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mod Monkey

Reaction score
After the good turnout in October lets see what you guys can come up with for November. This month it is a "freestyle" contest, which means you set up your own "theme" for your photo and tell us what it is. The prize this month is a Cycle One Off oil pressure gauge kit (waterpump mounted). Thanks to everyone for participating!!!!!!

Dream home for the Max .

awesome max.

whens the rear diff gonna be painted black

oh man sorry about that, monkey jumped on the keyboard for a second...:confused2:

Sweet Geezus guys, it is November 23rd and all we have is ONE entry, and that from a previous winner!!!!!!!!!!! Makes us here at the MMRB wonder WTF is up here:ummm: C'mon you guys are quite proud of your creations, and so are we, so show them off right here right now!!!!!! This month's prize is a good one, but just wait and see what we have in store for December!!! Gonna be a good one:clapping:

Please do not make us rethink this contest and possibly shut it down, that would be a bad thing:bang head:

I'm working on it, in between fixing literally dozens of problems with my 89. I'm the only one here that's co operating with myself. Crap, I'm even talking to myself now...:ummm:But the bike's answering, not me, so I'm still sane.:rofl_200:

OK, OK!! If there's anything I can't stand it's a whiney Modification Primate!! :rofl_200:

With that said here's my entry for the MoM award, November version!

The theme being..."Always Look for the Silver Lining!"......no matter how bleak and gray it is right now, another riding season will be along shortly, bigger and better than the last one! :worthy:

Stock '99 engine
Cycle One Off wheels-17"
Metzler Roadtec Z6 Interact radials-180 rear/ 110 front
Mark's Performance pipes, black ceramic headers, aluminum cans
'02 Race Tech front springs & emulators, lowered internally 2"
Exactrep V-Stax
Maxgasser seat
Memphis Shades Classic Deuce shield (removed for pics)
Galfer SS lines
EBC-HH brake pads
Brake-Away cruise control
Denso COP's
Progressive rear shocks
Fatmax belly pan
Exactrep LED brake/tail light
Directionals wired for running/signal
Custom Dynamics sequential brake LED bars (2)
Signal stems shortened 1 1/2" ea.
OEM powdercoated bars
Gen II mirrors
Gen-Mar handlebar riser
COO O/P gauge (vertical oil breather mount)
COO O-ring popper stopper kit
Various bits Vulcan black powdercoated
Lankee LED reflector/brake, tail light conversion

Attachments

• 100_2196.jpg
    100_2196.jpg
    184.5 KB · Views: 34
  • 100_2199.jpg
    100_2199.jpg
    189.3 KB · Views: 30
  • 100_2198.jpg
    100_2198.jpg
    188 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:
browneRun.jpg
Wish I could be there Dano:confused2:

A theme, hmmmmm..... how about, if the Vmax had a baby sister, what would it be? I'm thinking that it would be a completely modified Radian 600!

Even if it's not a max, I think that the Mod Monkey would be pleased.

A 1986 Yamaha Radian 600 with the following mods;

- Front rim, rotors, calipers, fender and fork legs (45mm dia.) are from a 99 GSXR 600

- Triple trees, headlight, signal light crown and risers are from a 2002 Yamaha V-max - stem was changed for the Radian one and fork leg holes machined out from 43mm to 45mm. The Vmax triples are .58" narrower then the GSXR ones, so the rim hub, axle and the caliper mounts on the fork legs had to machined to fit.

- Protaper motocross bars, Acewell digital gauge, gsxr brake master and clutch lever mount with adjustable gsxr custom levers, Kuryakyn mirrors

- Engine top end was rebuilt, rings, valves reground, new guides and seals - also complete gasket kit installed. The engine was sandblasted and repainted.

- EFM auto clutch - trick little item

- Carbs completely stripped and rebuilt

- Exhaust changed to a 4 to 1 stainless steel Predator Exhaust with a 10" Hindle carbon fiber exhaust

- Frame, wheels, swingarm and misc stuff powder coated gun metal gray

- All new bearings front to back

- Completely new wire harness - I remade one using the original as a template

- Rear swing arm, rim, caliper, brake master and rotor from a 1994 FZR600R

- Braided brake lines front and back

- Rear shocks are piggyback nitrogen Chinese knockoffs

- custom made rear fender eliminator mod

- LED signal lights

- Seat cut down 1 1/2" or so and recovered

- Bodywork prepped and painted saffire blue

- Radial tire conversion

I've included before and after pics of Sister Max's transformation for hopefully the Mod Monkey's approval.

Mike

Attachments

• Radian5.jpg
    Radian5.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 48
  • Radian6.jpg
    Radian6.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 44
  • Radian2.jpg
    Radian2.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 50
Last edited:
It needs a turbo. You can likely move over one from the old Seca Turbo's which shared a VERY similar engine (pretty much the same except CC size and shaft vs chain drive).

Sean

It needs a turbo. You can likely move over one from the old Seca Turbo's which shared a VERY similar engine (pretty much the same except CC size and shaft vs chain drive).

Sean

Now I would love to do that, but the wife, as a new rider, probably wouldn't appreciate the added horsepower/accelaration.

As she get's more experience, she will be going to a Fazer 750 (Brother Max) and my son will get the Radian. In about 2 or so years from now.

Mike

Wow Mike, there is a ton of quality work done there. If I were the Mod Monkey I would definitely throw you a bone, (I mean banana) for all those mods! Hope the wife appreciates it. Well done.

Now I would love to do that, but the wife, as a new rider, probably wouldn't appreciate the added horsepower/accelaration.

As she get's more experience, she will be going to a Fazer 750 (Brother Max) and my son will get the Radian. In about 2 or so years from now.

Mike

Very nice job Mike....I'm not trying to be a dick-weed or anythin', but it looks to me like the shoulder bevel on the lower triple tree clamp bolts is cut on a 33 degree, .006" radius....this unique machining was only done on the '02 Yamaha V Max, wasn't it? :ummm:

Or maybe it's just the light! :eek:h yeah:

Very nice job Mike....I'm not trying to be a dick-weed or anythin', but it looks to me like the shoulder bevel on the lower triple tree clamp bolts is cut on a 33 degree, .006" radius....this unique machining was only done on the '02 Yamaha V Max, wasn't it? :ummm:

I don't no Danny, you have a better eye than me. It looks fantastic to me, cept' there's a little fly shit on the corner of the front fender. :biglaugh:

Or maybe it's just the light! :eek:h yeah:

Well Danny, you would know best, being that you were the donor to the triple trees - thanks again for that and hopefully I put them to good use - generosity like yours is what helped make this project possible!

Mike

Wow Mike, there is a ton of quality work done there. If I were the Mod Monkey I would definitely throw you a bone, (I mean banana) for all those mods! Hope the wife appreciates it. Well done.

Thanks Pat! The wife really does appreciate her new bike and I gained alot of brownie points for it. Now she wants me to do some more mods to my max as I have neglected it while working on her bike, so this winter, my bike will get the attention it deserves :eusa_dance:

Mike

Thanks Pat! The wife really does appreciate her new bike and I gained alot of brownie points for it. Now she wants me to do some more mods to my max as I have neglected it while working on her bike, so this winter, my bike will get the attention it deserves :eusa_dance:

Mike
Wise move by a wise man! Very nice work Mike!

here's a question. whats that front wheel from? does it bolt right into vmax trips/forks?

Maxcruiser,

As it appears that the bike you have submitted has quite a few Vmax parts on it and the work looks quite exceptional the MMRB will definitely allow it into this month's contest! Keep up the entries guys, the more the better.

Also, I need to announce what the prize will be for next month. It will be a set of tools TBD from the MMRB. Not too sure as to how much my budget is right at this moment, but I will assure you that the winner will not be disappointed! Going to have a Christmas themed contest next month open to ALL people, past winners included, and mods are not the focus the theme is.

Latest posts

Back